1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Unlock request in Anaheim, California

Post by digitboy
Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following segment(s).
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&l ... 74.3684528
Reason:

I would like to add a parking lot road through the parking lot at:
1530/1620 S Harbor Blvd, Fullerton, California.

To reach the 91 freeway (towards the south) from this parking lot, Waze presently routes west out of the lot onto Harbor Blvd. There is no left turn allowed at this point, so a right turn (north) is made.

The Waze route is then north on Harbor less than a block, to turn left (west) onto W Houston Ave (stoplight - no U turn allowed). Getting to the left turn lane is a difficult or dangerous maneuver because of the number of lanes (3) and the traffic level on Harbor, which often backs up beyond the parking lot exit. If you are even able to accomplish this turn, you follow Houston as it bends to the south to finally arrive a cul-de-sac. Here, you turn around and go back to the Houston/Harbor intersection (stoplight). At this point, Waze instructs a right turn (south) onto Harbor, and finally you're on your way to the 91.

There is a much better way!

This parking lot has another exit to the north onto Orangefair Ave. I would like to place a reverse "L" shaped parking lot road through this lot, which would allow Waze to route north through the lot, to an easy left (west) turn onto sparsely traveled Orangefair Ave to Harbor Blvd (stoplight). One easy left (south) turn from here, and you quickly arrive at the 91. This saves about 3-5 minutes and avoids undue stress.

Thanks for your consideration!

Dave

Unlock to level:  Unknown

Thank you in advance,

digitboy

Post by turbomkt
I have connected parking lot roads to both roads so you can map out the entire parking lot.  (I decided to do some other work, so that's the easiest option)
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
--Mike
ARC for Southwest Region

Post by digitboy
Hi turbomkt. Thank you for preparing the parking lot to be mapped.

Yes, there is a parking lot exit onto Harbor Blvd where you inserted it. However, there is another south of Houston Ave, between 1530 and 1620 S Harbor Blvd. You can see it on the map where a white car is preparing to exit here and you can see the right arrow painted on the pavement. If you would connect another parking lot road at this location, I will finish filling out the lot.

Thanks so much!

Dave
digitboy

Post by turbomkt
That one is now added.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
--Mike
ARC for Southwest Region

Post by digitboy
Hi Mike. I think we're just about there.

However, I noticed there doesn't seem to be a turn allowance for a right turn from Harbor northbound into that southernmost parking lot entrance--the one you just added.

Once you check that, I think we'll be good.

Thanks,
Dave

digitboy

Post by turbomkt
Turns all look to be OK?

Regarding the segments you added, please take a look at the common functional mistakes article here.  The roads are red because you need to check the None box for segment and city name.

turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
--Mike
ARC for Southwest Region