Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by t0cableguy
the overlapping, I have no comments on, Its probably a bad idea to try to edit from the "far" zoom levels anyway.

The symbols that i'm seeing in your screenshot in the names are the one way indicators (the arrows), two way speed limit and unverified flags the (##?,##?). you can also change the settings to get different appearances.

\

increasing the outline for the "shadow" outline on the labels can make them much easier to read.

setting to enable/disable speed limit information.

I do not believe there is a way to disable the one way markers on the street names.
t0cableguy
Send a message
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@

Post by t0cableguy
any idea if we can get keyboard shortcuts to mesh with the toolbox configuration. After each update I have to remove your layer enable/disable shortcut because I have it mapped to another script.
If it was saved in localstore I wouldn't have to change the script after each update and the change would persist through each version.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/16072 ... eage2/code is an example of what is needed from rickzabel.

Otherwise, I hate editing without your script!
t0cableguy
Send a message
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@

Post by t0cableguy
well i stand corrected! lol Thanks!
t0cableguy
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
Hi bedo! Thanks for this great tool! Unfortunately, something seems to be wrong with the shortcut keys. I'm unable to change the shortcut for the layer and after another script took the alt+l shortcut, I am now unable to use any shortcuts for toggling the Streets Vector layer on/off.

Also, is it possible to have this vector layer still render red roads at a lower zoom level (i.e., more zoomed out)?
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
R5 | RI SM | CA, MA & NY AM | Mentor

Post by TheLastTaterTot
bedo2991 wrote:
TheLastTaterTot wrote:after another script took the alt+l shortcut

Who is this bad guy? :evil:
LOL rickzebel's new WME Lock Level highlighter. I don't even use the add-on, so I now greatly regret having installed it, since I can't get the alt+l shortcut back for the Streets Vector Layer.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
Btw, the old roads layer will show the red roads for me all the way at zoom 0. The new roads will show red roads for me at zoom 3, but they are not selectable. They become selectable to me at zoom 4, which is the lowest zoom level that Streets Vector layer will show them on my screen. The vector layer does not switch over to WME roads until after zoom 2 (i.e., zoom 1 and 0). Since my ideal zoom level for searching for red roads is usually zoom 2 or 3, I currently have to manually toggle on WME roads. It's certainly not the most horrible thing in the world, but if the vector layer is able to display those red roads automatically, that would be awesome. :)
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
Attachments
Last edited by TheLastTaterTot on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post by TheLastTaterTot
PesachZ wrote: Did you try uninstalling the Rick script then reinstalling SVL, and see if it defaults back to using alt+l?
I have, but it doesn't work. I think there may be a cookie or something of that sort that has saved my shortcut keys... To get alt+l back for Street Vector Layer, I would have to reset all my shortcuts to the default.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
That has been what I was looking for! Where do I find that?
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
Thanks to Pz's help, I have now successfully added a shortcut for Streets Vector Layer.

If you already have the Developer Tools extension installed for your browser, you just need to open it up while in WME and select the tab to view "Resources" > "Local Storage" > http://www.waze.com. There should be a stored variable, keyboardShortcuts, within that list.

The easiest way to get the correct keyCode for your shortcut is to open up the WME shortcuts pane and temporarily assign the desired keys to another event (i.e., use "Keyboard Shortcuts" link in the bottom left of WME or press "?" hotkey). So, if I have no shortcut assigned for the Vector layer and I want to use alt+l, I might temporarily assign those keys to "Toggle Junctions." After the shortcut has been set, I'll go looking for the corresponding key codes for toggleJunctions saved within the long keyboardShortcuts array, copy the two numbers into clipboard, and then remove the shortcut for "Toggle Junctions" by making the values "0,-1"
(i.e., find "toggleJunctions":"4,76", copy "4,76", then edit to "toggleJunctions":"0,-1"). Finally, I paste the copied key codes over to the entry for toggleStreet...: "toggleStreet(Vector)":"4,76",... and reload WME. The keys can be verified by taking a look in the Keyboard Shortcuts pane again. If it looks good there, the new shortcut should now work.

Alternatively, you could also manually find the values for your shortcut with the help of this website: http://www.cambiaresearch.com/articles/ ... -key-codes. The first number must be 0-7 and represents the modifier key(s) and the second number is the associated key press (a letter, number, or a function key).

The key codes for modifier key(s) are:
0 - no modifier key(s)
1 - ctrl
2 - shift
3 - ctrl+shift
4 - alt
5 - ctrl+alt
6 - alt+shift
7 - ctrl+alt+shift

Thus, if you want ctrl+alt+shift+s as the shortcut, you would use ""7,83". 83 is the key code for 's'.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
Last edited by TheLastTaterTot on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post by TheLastTaterTot
@andy: Yup, that's it. toggleStreet(Vector) is currently assigned "4,76" (alt+l) for you.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message