The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Roadshields now available in prod WME in IL, NA and ROW!

Post by maiapas
Hi All,

We are happy to announce that Roadshields and Exit Signs are now available in WME production in Israel only (IL environment) !!

Yes you heard it right, ROADSHIELDS and TURN GUIDANCE EDITING!

Finally you will be able to see shields mapped to streets and map them! You will also be able to edit the turn guidance of a segment by adding exit signs, shield, direction, custom TTS and more.

You can find all the information and how-to map roadshields and exit signs here.

The default lock rank for the feature are:

-Roadshield on street - 4
-Roadshield on turn and turn guidance - 4
-Everyone will be able to see both of them

Important:
  • Shields that existed in the past will be already available and you will already see them associated with the relevant streets.
  • Not all requested shields have been added, we will be adding roadshields and exit signs in batches.
  • Please note that Roadshields and exit signs are now available in WME production in Israel only. Other environments are coming -complete with the word that we do not say-.
  • If you notice a malfunction or have any feedback regarding Road Shields in the beta android app please report it in the centercode thread.

Let us know what you think!
    Thank you!
    -----

FAQs:

Can we add roadshields to alternate street names?
    At the moment no, we are working in order to implement it and give editor more flexibility

Do we show edit history for roadshields on streets?
    We currently don’t show edit history for roadshields on streets, we opened a feature request.

How does the lock rank work for roadshields on streets?
    Since the roadshield is applied to a street level and not a segment level, there is no correlation between the segment lock rank and the ability to add roadshields on streets.
    Roadshields on streets are currently locked to level 4.

Why don't I see some shields while editing a turn guidance?
    The shield visible and proposed in the turn guidance panel are based on the area visible in WME, you can zoom out in order to see more shields.

Can I drag and drop and reorder the shield and text box in the turn guidance panel?
    Currently no, you will need to remove and re-add the elements in order to reorder them. We hope this will be available in the future.
  •  
maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Answers: 3

POSTER_ID:17866785

Send a message

Post by domoun
Yes the same, thanks a lot @Vespucci41 ;)

domoun
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message
AM Réunion-Comores · RM Mayotte

Post by GerardterBeke
Any progress in adding Road Shields? We're still missing shields for Oman and a number of other GCC countries.
GerardterBeke
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Country Manager Oman & the Netherlands
WME Stroopwafel Staff

https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... Badge2.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png

Post by jm6087
When you intentionally add your text in 3 different boxes and saving it to make it easier to view, when you open the shield box again they are all merged into a single box.  
text fields combine.gif
(735.85 KiB) Downloaded 314 times

jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
turbomkt wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:28 am I think the point is that when the text is entered in three different fields, then saved and the visual instruction editor opened again, all text fields are merged into one.  The three separate text fields are not honored and there is a resulting difference in spacing.

Exactly

Further clarification:

"three consecutive text fields"  
"all consecutive text fields"

jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by kumiankka
maiapas wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:01 am Hi WazingArch,

Thank you for reporting. Can I ask you for more information? What do you mean by different texts in several free text fields?

Step by step instructions and screenshots will be highly appreciated :)

Thanks!

I think it's about the fact that the result of using multiple free text fields is visually indistinguishable from one long free text field.

For example, this:
https://am3pap004files.storage.live.com ... pmode=none

versus this:
https://am3pap004files.storage.live.com ... pmode=none

Note how in the second picture everything was written in one field, but without side by side comparison of the two it's impossible to tell how many fields was used. So, what's the point of multiple free text fields if there is no clear visual distinction of the fields in the end result?
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
maiapas wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:08 am Thank you for the details.

Let me check this internally and get back to you.

Best,
Maia

Please don't forget this @jm6087's reply. It's the original issue and mine is just related to it.
viewtopic.php?p=2167674#p2167674
jm6087 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:04 pm When you intentionally add your text in 3 different boxes and saving it to make it easier to view, when you open the shield box again they are all merged into a single box.  
download/file.php?id=71233

kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by L1Beta
MajkiiTelini wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:44 pm
BrettC0 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:33 pm You can find all the new shields that were uploaded here.
  • If you have requests for new shields, you can add them to this tab
  • If you want to report any issues with existing shields, please use this form

Is this form still valid for reporting issues with Roadshields?
I have reported few issues through it (roughly) few months ago and did not receive any feedback...

It is active.
Regarding default width it is not possible. 

Regarding the 20 char for the urban exit we haven't designed new exits and we hope to have an additional round throughout the year.

L1Beta
Send a message

Post by linguasaltitante
Phipsi wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:35 pm Hello,
Please let me suggest following RoadShields change for WME. It would be really great, if we could move RS on WME. It's really tedious when you have to delete RS and search again just to change the order of them. How great would it be if I could rearrange the different RoadSchields boxes by moving them with the mouse.
Ciao

For me, more than the possibility to rearrange those boxes, it would be more helpful to make them to auto resize to the text we write on them. The way it is now, it is difficult to see the final text/result of all the Free text + RS boxes we added. Also, the header lacks to have a proper size to show the final result of all Free text + RS boxes text (mainly if we are dealing with a Ramp where we can have a "couple" of boxes ... like this example :roll:)

linguasaltitante
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by maiapas
Update: We´re very excited to announce that Roadshields are now available in WME production in the NA environment ! :!: :!: :!:

The default lock rank for the feature is:

-Roadshield on street - 4
-Roadshield on turn and turn guidance - 4
-Everyone will be able to see both of them

Thank you,
Maia on behalf of the team
maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message