The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Phipsi
Hello,
Please let me suggest following RoadShields change for WME. It would be really great, if we could move RS on WME. It's really tedious when you have to delete RS and search again just to change the order of them. How great would it be if I could rearrange the different RoadSchields boxes by moving them with the mouse.
Ciao
Phipsi

Post by pox_online
@Phipsi Have you seen the Office Hours for Roadshields? ( viewtopic.php?f=18&t=318032 )
When I remind correctly it was named there, that this is on the to do list to Change the order via Drag and Drop/Mouse in WME of roadshields in the furture.
pox_online
State Manager
State Manager

Post by maiapas
Hi WazingArch,

Thank you for reporting. Can I ask you for more information? What do you mean by different texts in several free text fields?

Step by step instructions and screenshots will be highly appreciated :)

Thanks!
maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Answers: 1

Post by maiapas
kumiankka wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:06 am
maiapas wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:01 am Hi WazingArch,

Thank you for reporting. Can I ask you for more information? What do you mean by different texts in several free text fields?

Thanks!

I think it's about the fact that the result of using multiple free text fields is visually indistinguishable from one long free text field.

For example, this:
https://am3pap004files.storage.live.com ... pmode=none

versus this:

Note how in the second picture everything was written in one field, but without side by side comparison of the two it's impossible to tell how many fields was used. So, what's the point of multiple free text fields if there is no clear visual distinction of the fields in the end result?

Thank you for the details.

Let me check this internally and get back to you.

Best,
Maia

maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Answers: 1

Post by Phipsi
maiapas wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:59 am
Phipsi wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:35 pm Hello,
Please let me suggest following RoadShields change for WME. It would be really great, if we could move RS on WME. It's really tedious when you have to delete RS and search again just to change the order of them. How great would it be if I could rearrange the different RoadSchields boxes by moving them with the mouse.
Ciao

Hi Phipsi,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Could you please clarify what you mean by moving RS on WME?

Are you referring to the dropdown with all the RS of your country? A screenshot will also be really helpful to understand better.

Thank you,
Maia

Hello @maiapas

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for my late reply. As you could see on the picture (please click the link) we have more than one Roadshield for an instruction.

https://ibb.co/pPwb5jB

So the problem is when I want to rearrange them. For example when I want to set the roadshield "A4 Budapest" on the 2nd place instead of "A2 Graz", then I have to delete all the roadshields between and search for them afterwards again. That's not very funny because you will not find all of them on the same place. You have to jump around on the map.

So my suggestion is it would be great - as every roadshield is a small box - if you could move one box with the mouse to another place. For example I move "A4 Budapest" by clicking with the mouse and moving  it to the 2nd place.

I hope my suggestion is now clear and you will like my idea.

Ciao
Philipp

Phipsi

Post by Vespucci41

Thanks!

I think it's about the fact that the result of using multiple free text fields is visually indistinguishable from one long free text field.

For example, this:

versus this:

Note how in the second picture everything was written in one field, but without side by side comparison of the two it's impossible to tell how many fields was used. So, what's the point of multiple free text fields if there is no clear visual distinction of the fields in the end result?

This is indeed by design, the point of having multiple free texts is to have the possibility to create ad hoc instruction for example: Text <shield> text etc

Vespucci41
Waze Team
Waze Team

Post by turbomkt
Vespucci41 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:58 pm

Thanks!

For example, this:

versus this:

This is indeed by design, the point of having multiple free texts is to have the possibility to create ad hoc instruction for example: Text <shield> text etc

I think the point is that when the text is entered in three different fields, then saved and the visual instruction editor opened again, all text fields are merged into one.  The three separate text fields are not honored and there is a resulting difference in spacing.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
--Mike
ARC for Southwest Region

Post by Vespucci41
Hi All, 

We are happy to update that we released an improvement for shields digits size. 
All the existing shield will have bigger digits in order to improve readability. 

Please let us know wha you think and leave your feedback here.

Thank you, 
Ruben
Vespucci41
Waze Team
Waze Team

Post by Vespucci41
CleitonCasarotto wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:53 pm Hi Ruben

Please could you check when we will get the new roadshields requested for Brazil?

Hi,

We will test the provided solution for small digits and based on the feedback we will apply the same solution om new designed shields and upload them.

Thanks,
R

Vespucci41
Waze Team
Waze Team

Post by Vespucci41
YanisKyr wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:42 pm
Vespucci41 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:02 am Hi All, 

We are happy to update that we released an improvement for shields digits size. 
All the existing shield will have bigger digits in order to improve readability. 

Please let us know wha you think and leave your feedback here.

Thank you, 
Ruben

Hi Ruben, thanks for the update!

I see a small improvement but still not where we should be. The size of the text seems to depend on the amount of characters in the shied - the more characters, the smaller the text size.

In fact it should be the other way around, and the shield size should depend on the amount of characters. The more characters the bigger the shield.

Enlarged:

Smaller:

Even smaller:
https://i.imgur.com/WqTtdmTt.png

Examples from streetview: M1 and M50

The current solution does not affect the size of the shield itself, this cannot be changed. 
In case were the number of digits in the shields is >=4 we will increase as much as possible the size of the digits to uses as much space as possible.

Vespucci41
Waze Team
Waze Team