Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

Road closure in Beech Avenue, Swindon

Post by PaddyLandau
Road closed, except access to residents.

51.579150, -1.795675
and
51.578917, -1.797799

Reason: Road maintenance
Dates: Between 18/10/2021 and 31/10/2021 inclusive

Thank you

PaddyLandau

POSTER_ID:17380907

Send a message
by iangpowell » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:15 pm
Closure now in place - thanks!

Please try and supply a permalink of the relevant map segments with future requests, as per this forum topic.
Go to full post

Post by iangpowell
Closure now in place - thanks!

Please try and supply a permalink of the relevant map segments with future requests, as per this forum topic.
iangpowell
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Answers: 5
Send a message

AM for the Thames Valley, Tees Valley / Tyneside, Greater London & Norfolk, UK
Waze UK Mentor

UK Wazeo | Quick Start Editing Guide | Editing Best Practice | Request a Mentor Here | L1 Mentoring Presentation | Join the UK Discord Channel

Post by iangpowell
Not a problem at all - let me point you in the direction of how to get into map editing with Waze!

The Waze Map Editor (WME) can be found here.

As you've already found the UK Forums, a great place to start is the UK Mentoring subforum, which has a couple of great posts on a map editing introduction and a quick start presentation.

We're all a friendly bunch though, so always happy to offer tips and tricks along the way - you can post to the forum as you have, or send a PM to any of the senior editors.

Wazeopedia is also a great resource to further your knowledge and has it's own quickstart guides.

EDIT - and to answer your permalink question directly, this is how to do it in the WME!

iangpowell
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Waze UK Mentor

UK Wazeo | Quick Start Editing Guide | Editing Best Practice | Request a Mentor Here | L1 Mentoring Presentation | Join the UK Discord Channel

Post by iangpowell
Perfect, looks good to me. The only other thing I'd consider doing before creating the permalink is to zoom out one or two clicks so that you can guarantee all selected segments are visible (editors will all use different sized screens at different resolutions).
iangpowell
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Waze UK Mentor

Post by PaddyLandau
Thank you for dealing with this, @Iangpowell

Regarding supplying a permalink of the relevant map segments, I have looked at the forum topic that you linked to.

I don't understand how to do what you want. The post mentions an Editor. Where do I access this Editor?

(Sorry to ask you this. I have tried to find out myself, but while I find navigating the roads a pleasure with Waze, I find it hard to navigate the instructions here on the website :()
PaddyLandau
Send a message

Post by PaddyLandau
That's helpful, thank you @iangpowell

To check that I've understood correctly, I've created the permalink. I believe that this is it:

https://waze.com/en-GB/editor?env=row&l ... =121928036

Please let me know if I got it right.

Thank you again!

EDIT: I've just discovered that the nine-dot menu at the top of the screen has useful links :)

PaddyLandau
Send a message