1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Unlock request in Sacramento, California

Post by usa_vq0fc1cb
Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following segment(s).
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&l ... ts=5969130

Reason: 15th Street between W St and X St in Sacramento, CA is closed for construction daily from 6:30 - 3:30 through 11/1/21. I am tired of reporting it every single day and still having driving directions send me to it when a detour has been in place for weeks now 

Unlock to level: I don't really care, I just want the closure indicated on the map so my drive time and directions are accurate!

Thank you in advance,

usa_vq0fc1cb

POSTER_ID:18009461

Send a message

Post by abc1357
Thank you.  We can only go by what is posted on-line (or in Twitter), if available, as we are not there in person.

I've put in Mon-Fri, 8:30-3:30 closures on 15th St under US-50 through Nov 1.

However, if they start closing the street early, and you are there, please use the Report button (big orange button on lower right), and tap the Closure feature.  This enables you to close the road.  Unfortunately, this capability is not available if you are using Waze with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

abc1357
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by usa_vq0fc1cb
That website has been next to useless for updates- their Twitter feed too! Its been closed for 2 or 3 weeks. Originally the sign said it would be nearly a month.Last week they said they were alternating closing 15th & 16th between 6 am and 5 pm, but i only ever saw them close 15th. The date on the sign there keeps changing but has been consistent on Nov 1 for several days now.

Yes, I do think the closure is only on weekdays.

The start and end times vary -- I did get through one morning at 7:30 this month because the worker was only starting to block the street. The sign also changes between 6, 6:30, and 8:30 am for start times but like I said, there was only one morning they hadn't closed it by 7:30.

usa_vq0fc1cb
Send a message

Post by usa_vq0fc1cb
Ok, thanks.

I'll continue to mark it closed every morning at 7:30 as I have been then. Just wish I could get an accurate drive time with the detour before I choose a route and leave in the morning, but it is what it is, I guess.

Incidentally, the detour goes to Riverside Blvd, and the sign st the underpass for Riverside has the same closure sign as does 15th through 11/1, but I have yet to see it closed. They probably have to leave either 15th or Riverside open to be the detour for the other.
usa_vq0fc1cb
Send a message