Waltham, MA - Incorrect turn information near I95 Exit 43A

Post by casey55
Waze is showing its not possible to go from this segment

https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&l ... s=74832047

straight thru onto to 3rd Ave.  In fact, even though 3rd Ave is marked 2 way street, its not possible to turn onto it from any street at this intersection (Winter, Wyman, or Totten Pond).  Because of this Waze is sending traffic one exit south and back north on backroads. 

Overhead imagery is still out of date, but Street View has Nov 2020 images (post-reconfiguration) that confirm my assertion that all turns are allowed

casey55

POSTER_ID:13574219

Send a message

Post by bobc455
Hi!

Thanks for the note.

In reviewing that intersection (Wyman / Winter / Totten Pond / 3rd Ave), it looks like we have enabled all turns in the Waze map at that intersection as you describe. Also it looks like there haven't really been any edits at that intersection for about a year or more.

Can you explain why you think Waze is showing it's not possible to continue southward from Wyman to 3rd Ave? Was this based on a recent drive? (If it was based on a recent drive, perhaps you could give your destination so I can check for other problems somewhere along your route).

Thanks!

-Bob C.

bobc455
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by casey55
Hi,

Yesterday when looking at the editor this intersection was missing the southbound arrow - it wasn't a red arrow, the arrow was missing like 3rd Ave was one way. I didn't think to do a screenshot yesterday but here is one today for reference All 3 of the connected streets were missing the arrow to Third St.

We could chalk this up to me being delusional and move on, but look at the routing for a few block drive near this intersection (the second picture in the imgur link). It shows the bad routing where that section of 3rd doesn't appear reachable from the north.  Note this doesn't happen when "Arrive Now" is selected, it only happens for future travel.

If you have the permissions, I'd suggest deleting that northmost section of 3rd Ave and re-linking it, there is something clearly off.

casey55
Send a message

Post by SanzClew
Casey 

Thanks for the screenshot.  The reason that turn is not allowed on the Waze map is to "encourage/force" the use of the exit lane that is present before Winter St. All traffic coming south on Wyman who want to turn right should take the lane shown at the arrow below.

Otherwise the Waze router could have people go all the way to the intersection and turn at the light, which is not desirable.  

Hope that helps explain it.

SanzClew
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message