1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Unlock request in Huntington Beach, California

Post by usa_yvtouduw
Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following segment(s).
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&l ... 10.1239133
Reason: Change entry point based on my knowledge as the principal of the school
Unlock to level: 1

Thank you in advance,

usa_yvtouduw

POSTER_ID:17772809

Send a message

Post by jm6087
usa_yvtouduw wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:35 pm I tested it on my computer using an incognito window and not logged in. When I type directions from a location to "huntington christian school" it still brings me to the south parking lot instead of the north parking lot.

Try it in the app instead of on Livemap on the computer.  Livemap does not always update correctly, but the app should work fine.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by turbomkt
Please take a look at where I have it now.

Also note that I reverted the name you added to the parking lot road. We don't add the address as the name.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
OK...it was changed to the north lot on October 1st and I changed it to the south lot because of your post. I just moved it back to the south lot.

One thing to note is anyone who searched for it before MUST remove it from history (and Favorites!) before searching again. Otherwise, they will continue to get the old location.

Also...routing may be affected by how they search.  Anyone who uses voice to search can get a different result.  Same if the location comes from their calendar or another app.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
No problem. Please test it out. If it works correctly for you, let us know and hit the solved button on the top of the post.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
To clarify, the results in Livemap will not necessarily use the Waze result but sometimes provides a third party result. The only way to be sure if something is or is not working is to test it using the app.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by usa_yvtouduw
Thanks for the help. I am trying to get Waze to direct people to the north parking lot of the school off of Levee Dr. It continually tells people to enter off of upland in the south parking lot. I am definitely unfamiliar with Waze, but it looks like the entry point is still in the south parking lot. I appreciate the help as we get a few people each week that come to the wrong parking lot, which is frustrating for them and difficult for us as everything is locked on that side of the building.
usa_yvtouduw
Send a message

Post by usa_yvtouduw
Thanks for the info. Sounds like it should have been working at the North lot, but people needed to clear their history. Appreciate your insight and help.
usa_yvtouduw
Send a message

Post by usa_yvtouduw
I tested it on my computer using an incognito window and not logged in. When I type directions from a location to "huntington christian school" it still brings me to the south parking lot instead of the north parking lot.
usa_yvtouduw
Send a message