Wrong adress on application - but not on live map

Post by world_yfy53ply
Dear Wazers,
I live on the 39 of my road, but the waze app bring to the 45 or something like that. 
I went to the map editor, fixed the numbers of the street at least a week ago. 
The live map is now correct about my address, but the waze app ignore the numbers change, and keep bringing to the 45.
See attached files for the difference.

How can the app map can be fixed for this problem ?

Many thanks,
Quentin 

world_yfy53ply

Post by Hugo_Moreira
The history of previous searches and destinations in your App are the probable cause of this behavior.
You need to clean the App history. Is it iOS or Android?

Clearing Waze Cache and Data on Android

If you’re navigating your way around with Waze on an Android device, then clearing cache and data is going to be pretty straightforward. The operating system allows you to access each app in your phone separately and clean cache and data.Most of Android smartphones also come with pre-installed “cleaner” apps that can help with this. Here’s how to clear cache and data for the Waze app on your Android:
  1. Find Settings on your device. This can be done by pulling down the notification bar.
  2. Select “Apps & notifications” or “Applications” depending on which device you have.
  3. Scroll until you find Waze.
  4. Tap on Waze and select “App Info.”
  5. Select “Storage.”
  6. Tap on “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” options.
Depending on the device’s model, some steps might look a little bit different than described above.It’s also important to remember that even if your device has a cleaner app, it’s only going to clear the cache memory, not data. And if you choose to clear data for your Waze app, you’re going to lose individual settings.Clearing

Cache and Data on iOS

When you want to clear cache and data on your iPhone, you can do that easily with integrated apps such as Safari.However, with third-party apps like Waze, it’s not as simple as it is on Android devices. One of the first things to try is to restart your iPhone if you’re experiencing Waze issues.Often, that takes care of many issues you might be having with any third-party app because restarting clears the cache memory. But if that doesn’t work, you have two other options.
Option 1 – Uninstall and Reinstall WazeThe best way to clear all the cache and data accumulated with Waze is to delete the app and install it again.While it might seem like a hassle, with a stable internet connection it can be done in almost no time. Just follow these steps:
  1. Go to your iPhone’s settings and then tap on “General.”
  2. Select “iPhone Storage” and scroll through the list of apps.
  3. Select Waze, scroll down and select the “Delete app” option.
  4. Hit the “Delete app” option again to confirm the action.
  5. Go to the App Store and download the Waze app again.
  6. Follow the instructions on the screen to sign in your account.
The newly reinstalled Waze app should be working more efficiently now.
Option 2 – Install a Cleaner AppThere are many free and paid apps in the App Store that can help you manage your iPhone’s storage. That includes clearing your cache memory as well.One of the more popular and secure options is the Smart Cleaner app. It can help you clear Waze cache as well as that of other apps. But for clearing app data, you’ll need to reinstall the app.

Hugo_Moreira
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Last edited by Hugo_Moreira on Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by vince1612
Are you using a favorite or item in your search history? Those will always be wrong as they are focused on the old GPS coordinates and that will not change.

You need to avoid or delete any favorite or history for this address and make a brand new search in the Waze app for the coordinates to be updated.

Also many times wrong number locations aren't from Waze but from Google Maps, since Waze searches Google Maps results also, you can get wrong locations if you select the Google Maps result in the list (if it wasn't corrected as well).

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Hugo was faster

vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.

https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png R.I.P. Iainhouse

Post by world_yfy53ply
Dear Hugo and Vince, 
Everything work properly now, I dont know why I did not think about that...
Thanks a lot, we can close the thread!
world_yfy53ply

Post by vince1612
Glad that solved it, I took the liberty to remove your screenshots to preserve your privacy regarding your home address.

Happy Wazing ;)
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.

https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png R.I.P. Iainhouse