The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

keyboard shortcut for segments layer not working

Post by ojlaw
this is only happening in production WME for me, beta is fine. when i try to toggle the road layer on/ off, the layer does not go off, this is using the keyboard shortcut Shift R. rather the layer seems to toggle between the old and new layer segments layer. the only way to toggle the segments layer seems to be in the layers menu. i also reported this in in the New roads and cities layer thread.
video

thanks for looking into this.

ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Post by RussPA
If it's working correctly in beta, then the next beta release to prod should fix it.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by maiapas
ojlaw wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:20 pm this is only happening in production WME for me, beta is fine. when i try to toggle the road layer on/ off, the layer does not go off, this is using the keyboard shortcut Shift R. rather the layer seems to toggle between the old and new layer segments layer. the only way to toggle the segments layer seems to be in the layers menu. i also reported this in in the New roads and cities layer thread.
video

thanks for looking into this.

Hi!

Are you still experiencing this? The shortcut is working for me.

Thank you!

maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Answers: 1

Post by kumiankka
ojlaw wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:28 pm yes, many editors are experiencing this.

You can turn road layer on and off using shift-r but you cannot use keyboard to turn the old segments layer on/off. So, what happens when you hit shift-r depends on what other layers you have on. If the old segments layer is on then it might look like you were toggling between two layers. But in reality you are toggling visibility of the topmost layer while the second layer is always on underneath it. When you turn the old segments layer off in the layers menu, you will see that shift-r affects the new road layer only.
kumiankka

Post by ojlaw
kumiankka wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:49 pm
ojlaw wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:28 pm yes, many editors are experiencing this.

You can turn road layer on and off using shift-r but you cannot use keyboard to turn the old segments layer on/off. So, what happens when you hit shift-r depends on what other layers you have on. If the old segments layer is on then it might look like you were toggling between two layers. But in reality you are toggling visibility of the topmost layer while the second layer is always on underneath it. When you turn the old segments layer off in the layers menu, you will see that shift-r affects the new road layer only.

this makes sense. but the problem is production WME does not have both layers in the layers menu like WME beta. so both layers are still on the map but shift R is only toggling one layer off instead of both.

ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Post by ojlaw
RussPA wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:39 pm If it's working correctly in beta, then the next beta release to prod should fix it.

@russPA well it's not exactly working correctly in beta. see this from
kumiankka wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:49 pm You can turn road layer on and off using shift-r but you cannot use keyboard to turn the old segments layer on/off. So, what happens when you hit shift-r depends on what other layers you have on. If the old segments layer is on then it might look like you were toggling between two layers. But in reality you are toggling visibility of the topmost layer while the second layer is always on underneath it. When you turn the old segments layer off in the layers menu, you will see that shift-r affects the new road layer only.

here is a video of beta behavior

as you can see shift R is not turning both road layers off. in beta you can toggle both layers in the layers menu but in production you can not toggle both layers because there is only one layer available in the layers menu.

please fix this. thank you.
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Post by Majid-Alyafeai
You can use this hack for now, keep the road layer off from the right (Map layers options) then you can use the Shift + R

https://files.slack.com/files-pri/T0GNE ... /image.png
Majid-Alyafeai  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Post by Majid-Alyafeai
just want to update you the issue been fixed as per @maiapas and i try it as well and its working perfectly :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?p=2196148#p2196148
maiapas wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:10 pm We've released a Hotfix, v2.87-4

The shortcut Shift + R should now properly enable and disable the roads layer.

Community bug: 205182730

Thank you,
Maia
Majid-Alyafeai  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4