Coming soon... (to your city)
Post by kyhtak
Signed up as soon as I saw the first announcement.

My vote is to use Discord over Slack. I've used both (a lot!), but prefer Discord because of message history that disappears in Slack. I also like the dark mode in Discord. And, now that Discord allows threads, that reason for using Slack is irrelevant. 
kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by kyhtak
While actual raid-related conversations might not be important to have history for (though it's nice if you ever need to go back and verify what raid you actually helped with), the biggest advantage I can see is that, with Discord, I don't lose DM (Direct Message) history. I had good DM conversations with other editors during the India and first Pakistan WoWs . . . but I lost them once the raid was over and that history was deleted. (Slack DM's are kind of like WME chat . . . they are only temporary.)

kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by kyhtak
dude495 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:26 pm Today is the last day to register if you’re interested do so now before the form is closed out!

Thank you to everyone who has signed up!

How many raiders did you end up with?
kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by kyhtak
dude495 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am
kyhtak wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:02 am
dude495 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:26 pm Today is the last day to register if you’re interested do so now before the form is closed out!

Thank you to everyone who has signed up!

Around 250 I believe. 

Nice! Hopefully that part of PK will come out the other end of the raid with a mature map needing no additional tweaks!

Or will the primary goal be drawing basemap for local editors to name?

kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by kyhtak
ldriveskier wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:14 pm
kyhtak wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:07 pm
dude495 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am Around 250 I believe. 

Nice! Hopefully that part of PK will come out the other end of the raid with a mature map needing no additional tweaks!

As there are few allowed resources for road names in Pakistan, the primary goal will likely be similar to the previous Pakistan raid - building and connecting the road network. The raid wiki should be completed and published sometime in the next week or two.

"Few allowed resources" are better than the "zero allowed resources" in Laos!

kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by kyhtak
I don't know what the process was, or how the final communications platform was selected . . . but thank you for choising Discord over Slack. 
kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
Domingues3D wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:10 am Me to!   😀

Will there be a discord server to talk about this raid?

According to the sign-up form, we're using Slack.

ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message
Last edited by ldriveskier on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ldriveskier
jonv-uk wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:38 pm What is a WoWs?

WoW stands for Waze Outediting Week, which was the original term used in Spain for what many of us now know as a MapRaid.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
locojd1 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:56 pm Registered and ready to help, Also this is my first WoWs in Pakistan and I can't wait to help as much as possible and make a difference in the Pakistan App.
Also I wanted to know if anyone has received an email or information about the registration, how can we find out if the registration form was received or approved.
THANK YOU!!!

As long as you submitted the form, you should be good. If you had issues and aren't sure you submitted it, then Marcin_S and Dude495 are the two that have access to the sheet and can check for you. Otherwise, just trust that you'll get more information when the raid gets closer.

ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
kyhtak wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:07 pm
dude495 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am
kyhtak wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:02 am

Around 250 I believe. 

As there are few allowed resources for road names in Pakistan, the primary goal will likely be similar to the previous Pakistan raid - building and connecting the road network. The raid wiki should be completed and published sometime in the next week or two.

ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message