Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
PesachZ wrote:I have a whole test community set up with tons of variations, and all combinations used to figure out these algorithms. When I have some time on the computer, I'll try then all and see what's broken. ( or you could)
I need to take Waze out into the middle of the desert to set up something for my u-turn experimenting where it won't be confused with real roads or attract the attention of new editors.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
The comments on u-turns seemed a bit confusing to me... To clarify (as I understand the logic)

Crossover segment >=16m U-Turn will be routed
Crossover segment <=15m U-Turn will be routed if the sum of the approach and departure angles are outside of the range of 180 +/- 5 (have also heard 5%, but we confirmed consistent u-turn routing at 185)
Crossover segment <=15m U-Turn will be penalized (routed only under extreme penalty) if the sum of the approach and departure angles are inside of the range of 180 +/- 5 (have also heard 5%, but we confirmed consistent u-turn routing at 185)

So u-turns can "work" with any length crossover segment depending on the geometry.

Personally, even with the measuring tool and JAI, I treat the 15/16m issue the same as 45 degree angles.
I avoid angles between 40 and 50
I avoid crossover segments of 15m and use 14m or 16m.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
PesachZ wrote:
Olestas wrote:Omg, not again...
On the bright it will be much simpler again, and this time we know what to expect.
Will this cause any issues with wayfinders that were added last summer when BC was made "more liberal" and we lost instructions where we had them before?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
PesachZ wrote:I don't anticipate losing any instructions, we may get more where there currently is BC.
In rare cases you may lose an instruction, but it would be a very small subset of cases.
Ya, my concern was possibly doubled instructions.

But I think I've seen the bug you are referring to... is that perhaps where the only match is the road type and it pushes BC through a "stay" movement rather than the straight-through that is a 0-degree move? We had a bad one up in Lancaster.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
PesachZ wrote:
taco909 wrote:
PesachZ wrote:I don't anticipate losing any instructions, we may get more where there currently is BC.
In rare cases you may lose an instruction, but it would be a very small subset of cases.
Ya, my concern was possibly doubled instructions.

But I think I've seen the bug you are referring to... is that perhaps where the only match is the road type and it pushes BC through a "stay" movement rather than the straight-through that is a 0-degree move? We had a bad one up in Lancaster.
No that is not a bug, BC doesn't prefer a lower or 0 angle at all, as long as it's less than 45, that's the only angle that matters.
California drivers are dumb and want an instruction when the road name changes even if they are going straight... imagine the confusion this created with no name matches, but BC was on the "Stay to the right" (which was really very close to being more appropriate as "turn")
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
sketch wrote:
Arnoniem wrote: Did any of the devs pick this one up? Think it might need to be lifted over 169.00?
I don't know, I think 170 is already a little steep. If they decided to change the angle to 160-165 I would be fine with that, we just need to test.
Agreed.
170 is only 10 degrees off of a flip, and when inputting closures from the app, anything closer than 20 degrees (or 160 for bowties) is impossible to select the arrow.
Our local guideline is to run minimum 35 or so between any segment pair at the tightest (except in special cases).
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
PesachZ wrote:If the two segments have different names out may have an effect we should test that
I didn't catch if this had been clarified/confirmed, but on my test area I am getting a U-Turn prompt naming street-B with a name different from street-A.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I'm not getting the u-turn notes on mine other than Bowties.

Strange as I can turn off all of the JAI references and I still have a tab, and it seems to be checked on the WME pulldown after reloading... Uncheck it turns off all JAI, then turns back on after a reload even though it's disabled in the Greasemonkey pulldown.

Was JAI incorporated into TB?

Edit: Found it.
1.10 had been installed as an Extension.

Edit II: Confirmed only the Development version is running and I'm only getting the normal 8 dots when selecting a 13m crossover on an "H"
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
95 + 75 is 170
But I see what you mean.

The angle is displayed differently when you select two segments vs one segment.
The turn angle is obviously over 90 degrees, yet is displayed as 75 rather than 104.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich