1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Unlock request in Fort Smith, Arkansas

Post by HarvardofIndiana
Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following segment(s).
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&l ... omLevel=18
Reason: I am a student at this college. I am familiar with all the local roadways as I drive them nearly daily.
Unlock to level: Whatever level is necessary.

Thank you in advance,

HarvardofIndiana

POSTER_ID:17901006

Send a message

Post by HarvardofIndiana
Thank you for the reply, Steve! I will look over everything you sent me.

Chris
HarvardofIndiana
Send a message

Post by steveinark
SEGMENT PL:  https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... =528124365

This segment added is missing some necessary info.  In particular, it needs the street & city either filled in or the NONE box checked.  Otherwise, it shows as a RED ROAD, described here in the new editor wiki pages:  https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Cr ... ng_details

Regarding the main forum request for unlock, typically, the higher locked roads (mh, MH, FWY) remain locked until the roads that need to be attached -- are added and saved.  Leaving enough visible space from the connection point, that it is obvious there is no contact.  

Then highlight the segment(s) you need to have lowered, post a PL with the data, and requesting the unlock.  An appropriate level editor will review the request, lower the lock and let you know.  When you have made the connection, you let the editor know you are done, they will review the work, and relock.  If it is not connection work, but some other distinct change you feel is needed,  explain that in the post and the more senior editor will either lower the segment or do the work needed, as appropriate.  As experience is gained, more and more work is left to newer editors.

This request/unlock/make changes/notify/relock process occurs by the hour in our region Discord channels .... especially the busy Texas channel.  Monitoring there shows the process quickly,  Using Discord, the process is quick and almost seamless. sometime taking 1-2 minutes max.  Here in the forum, replies are not at timely.

Steve

steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)