Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Play as Bluetooth phone call work around

Post by mikebsl
I figured out a work around when the play as Bluetooth phone call does not work. 

Make sure the Play sound via is set to Play as a Bluetooth phone call, and your phone is connected to your car's Bluetooth. I have an iPhone 12, and an older vehicle that has Bluetooth.  Have Waze running and then either make a call, or have someone call you while your phone is connected to Bluetooth.  After the call plays over Bluetooth, you can hang up.  Voilà, Waze will now come over your speaker as a Bluetooth phone call.  

On previous versions of Waze I had turned off the setting on Waze under Audio player-> Show on map to off, but that doesn't work on the most up to date version of Waze.  If you have an issue with my suggestion in the previous paragraph, try shutting off the show on map for the audio player as well.

mikebsl

POSTER_ID:18027672

Send a message