Make your voice heard! Take the Annual Editors Community Survey now! Dismiss
Post by world_qiiqc45i
I don't understand how functions such as low bridges and width restrictions (UK) cannot be implemented as other truck GPS apps have this application.
world_qiiqc45i

Post by YogiJB
Sorry to jump in so late.

I'd love to see this come to live too. I'm not afraid to pay a little "rental fee" for these extra options.

What I'd like to see:
  • Truck routes and their time-based restrictions. My city, Montreal, already has a map overlay on Google Maps ready to be implemented (see here)
  • Height/weight restrictions.
  • A way to keep a driver's (time) log (in accordance with Transport Canada) with a way to send it through email.
  • A way to report open inspection/weigh stations.
I'm asked to drive a small truck max. 10 times per year, I don't know the roads and their restrictions by heart for trucks. It's not worth it for me to buy a specialized GPS system. Waze is great, but having an adapted version for trucks would be amazing!
YogiJB

Post by YogiJB
iainhouse wrote:Staff don't read this forum but, if they did, they would tell you the same thing they tell us every time we ask:
  • Waze does not and will not support trucks
  • Waze does not and will not support height/width/weight limits
Yes, I read this further up in the thread. Someone else was asking about what we'd be looking for in such an app.
In any case, I'm simply adding my voice and support for the idea.

I've witnessed a lot of companies have a "we will never ever" position. Until they changed position. Never ever ( = "does not and will not") is a long time, hard to commit to. ;)

All there is left, is to discuss with this guy from HQ: ;)
https://i.imgflip.com/4hogrg.jpg
YogiJB