Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by vince1612
Just installed, very interesting script.

Here's an example where a TIO was setup to make up for the angle and it's still reported as "unsolved"
45TurnWithTIO.png
(357.15 KiB) Downloaded 273 times

vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by TSWA
linguasaltitante wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:22 am 
Is there a possibility to not show the error, if a TTS is forced on the node of the segments with the "45º"!? See this example. Because I'm overriding the instruction, there will no longer be a problem! 

Overwriting a problem with an announcement (TIO) does not solve the routing problem. So the problem persists and is not resolved.

There are also incorrect exits at roundabouts, which are generated by the WME (rarely), but cannot be seen with JAI alone.
Bad Jai fixes this problem as well.  :)

To correct this, I recommend using the ingenious WME RA (Roundabout) Util script:
https://greasyfork.org/de/scripts/23616-wme-ra-util

TSWA
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Post by russblau
I guess I’m confused about the concept of this script. What makes an angle between segments “bad”? And what is the routing problem that can’t be solved by using a TIO?
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Post by sketch
What the above posters have said is correct. The only thing "bad" about junction angles near 45 degrees is that the automatic turn vs. exit/keep is unclear. If a voice prompt override ("TIO") is used, there is nothing "bad" about it.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans
https://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/557693.png

Post by linguasaltitante
g1220k wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:48 pm To solve this problem we change the angle by adding an additional node( or moving existing nodes).

Normally I try to implement this "way of doing things" in my editions, mainly because it is ... let's say ... "more natural" (more in accordance with the reality on the vast majority of places).

In my opinion, this is what we should try to do first to solve this 45º issue, and only then, if for some reason it is not possible/enough, then the option to force the TTS instruction should solve it (to the best of my knowledge). This is the reason why I mentioned earlier that there is no need to mark such nodes  :)

In what concerns roundabouts, I also don't see the need for them to be marked  :roll:

Thank you once again for your work: because of it, a new map is being unfolded before my eyes with a lot of yellow marks  :lol:

linguasaltitante
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Post by linguasaltitante
Hello

Allow me the following suggestion ... and with this I'm not saying to make an alternative to Junction Angle Info script: why not to implement the possibility to actively mark nodes with the different type of angle intervals!? 

With the present release, those nodes with 45º are identified, and it's very helpful to make the needed corrections, but personally I consider that those nodes identified on Junction Angle Info script with "Color for keep prompt" are many times nodes that also needs to be "fixed" to a more clear voice instruction. 

Like you made in this last update, where we have the possibility to select "check for TIOs and Restrictions", you could also make it possible for the user to select those angles that he wants to be informed of! 

In the end, Junction Angle Info and your script would be a complement of each other.

Thanks   :)

linguasaltitante
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Post by linguasaltitante
Hello

Please see this example: if I select the option "Check for TIOs and Restrictions", the node is not marked ... and in this case it should be. If I deselect such option, then the node is marked.

In this case, and in my opinion,  there is no forced TTS instruction or any other particularity that justify that your script "ignore" this node.

Thanks
linguasaltitante
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Post by linguasaltitante
linguasaltitante wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:10 pm Hello

Please see this example: if I select the option "Check for TIOs and Restrictions", the node is not marked ... and in this case it should be. If I deselect such option, then the node is marked.

In this case, and in my opinion,  there is no forced TTS instruction or any other particularity that justify that your script "ignore" this node.

Thanks

Another example of the same problem.

linguasaltitante
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Post by MohamadEB
Hi 
I think In 1.9.3 RR  junctions issue has been back

MohamadEB
Country Manager
Country Manager
Last edited by MohamadEB on Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.