Could not get to Hwy 99

Post by usa_niht068s
Dropped my kid off at St. Patrick's Church (Seattle) last night for a youth function. Bad accident on I-5 South. Fine, I'll take a different way home. Hwy 99 is good, but what's the best way to get there? I plugged in my destination into Waze and followed the directions. I made all kinds of weird turns till I finally arrived at Virginia Street between 1st and 2nd Ave, right next to Pike Place Market. Huh?? Then I realized. Ohhh. Waze took me above the tunnel. Grrr. No thanks. I'll find my own way home.
usa_niht068s

POSTER_ID:18028030

Send a message

Post by NJMedic2535
Given how long Hwy 99 is, using that as an intermediate destination without using an address on 99 seems like a recipe for problems. Your search result was probably the geographic center of the highway in Seattle, which is a lat/long and not attached to the roadway itself. Also, I think Waze is designed to not end routing in a tunnel. So if that geographic center happened to be in the tunnel (pretty sure it is), Waze would route to the surface.

In the future I'd suggest starting by entering your primary destination and then using the 'routes' option to see if Waze is avoiding the accident or problem area in question. If not, then "add a destination" and search for an actual place or address you want to route past.
NJMedic2535
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message