Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

Unlock request in Tallaght, Dublin

Post by raihatneloy
Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following segment(s). N82 in Citywest, Dublin, Ireland

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=row&l ... =349052486
Reason: I live in Dublin west area and have found there are inconsistency in the speed limits that are shown on the map of waze. I would like to fix this issue so that it shows the accurate value.
Unlock to level: 1

Thank you in advance,

raihatneloy

POSTER_ID:18027513

Send a message
Last edited by raihatneloy on Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by raihatneloy
Hi Rainking_IE, sorry for the wrong permalink. I was trying to edit from phone so somehow got it wrong. Hope the link below is okay. Btw, I haven't yet found any sign showing N82 is L2011 or now. I will have to look for that then while driving. But I am sure the speedlimit needs to be changed. Thanks in advance.

https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=row&l ... ,253015167
raihatneloy
Send a message

Post by raihatneloy
Sorry @YanisKyr, I misunderstood that point. Edited the main post,
Unlock to level: 1

@Rainking_IE yes, all the segments built the road N82 and those need to be changed.
raihatneloy
Send a message

Post by raihatneloy
Thanks guys for the advice. Will leave comments in the map then. Thanks a million!

raihatneloy
Send a message

Post by Rainking_IE
Hi world_fo5j9kbv (do you know you can set yourself a username to use rather than the one generated by Waze? More details here). I see this is your first post so welcome to the forums and Waze map editing  :D.

That permalink above links to the N7 West, could you provide the permalinks for the segments on the N82 that need to be updated and I can downlock them to L1?

On a side note we were only talking about this road on the slack editing channel the other day. We were discussing if this is actually the N82 anymore as it was re-classified but there is signs showing it as L2011 one end and N82 the other (as well as a few exit signs). If you are interested in jumping in on that chat details on how to join slack are in this post as well as other useful information about editing in Ireland.

Rainking_IE
Send a message

Post by Rainking_IE
Don’t worry about it, I struggle selecting on the phone too. That link is good thanks, but do all segments need to be updated?

Rainking_IE
Send a message

Post by Rainking_IE
world_fo5j9kbv wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:36 pm @Rainking_IE yes, all the segments built the road N82 and those need to be changed.

Thanks - there's a lot of segments there so as @YanisKyr said as you only have few edits best thing to do is place some map comments where the changes are so an experienced editor can adjust them.

Rainking_IE
Send a message

Post by Rainking_IE
Thanks - I crossed checked that road against SV and SDCC's records and have updated those segments. Thanks for letting us know. I see you joined slack so no doubt we'll chat there at some stage :-)

Rainking_IE
Send a message

Post by YanisKyr
These segments are already at L2 btw, and @world_fo5j9kbv you're L1.

Since you've only got a handful of edits, I'd suggest to add Map Comments where the speed limit changes and a more experienced editor will adjust them accordingly.
YanisKyr
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... r-N-N5.gif
Coordinator & Booster for Cyprus | CM for Ireland | GC for the entire world