Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by floppyrod84
I'd suggest posting in your country / state's forum in case they're not aware of this toll.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
.....in your country and/or States FORUM....not here. Sheesh!
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Umm...."potato"? :) (Irish parents)
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
DIASHI wrote:

Make it red?

Use your eyes?
Learn to use the app properly and drive with due care and attention?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
I suspect that "no network connection" == "unsupported client state" :D
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
jasonh300 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:They should make the Toll Roads work the same way as Parking Lot Roads. They got that working perfectly.
But it isn't quite that simple everywhere. Parking lots have an "exit" penalty. If a Toll Road is made of bits where some are toll and some are not, then this "exit" penalty would apply multiple times.
But that's fine...if you have tolls set to "avoid", it'll still avoid them. If you have it turned off, it would ignore the restriction.
If the driver were already on a Toll road, while his preference were "no toll" and the road would consist of an uninterrupted stretch of tolled segments, then the routing engine would have no problem to route him along the Toll road indefinitely long. But he should be navigated away, ASAP.

OTOH, If this driver decides to agree with a suggested tolled route alternative, then the routing engine could ignore his "no toll" preference, but just now and only for this particular stretch.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Have you already signed a NDA with Waze? No? Then imagine it as a "somewhat large value, but not too much".

Wait - has bgodette already found it out? I've possibly missed it being announced, sorry...
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
scarlogarcia wrote:
foxitrot wrote:Have you already signed a NDA with Waze? No? Then imagine it as a "somewhat large value, but not too much".
Actually, some NDA are completely unnecessary, mainly when one must config his app based on a unknown size. :(
The problem is, each and every simple value or principle falls in Waze under the "can't disclose" category. Including the dirt road's length.

The crowd has two most important roles: a) observe the black box' behavior, b) according to the observations, draw the best possible map and feed the box with it, then repeat the a)

Since some year and half ago I'm constantly wondering, how advanced and robust the Waze maps would be, if this behavior was already known in advance and 'cast in the stone' (or in the Wiki) by the devs. Without disclosing, what this and that knobs are for and which colors will flow from these tubes...
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Please, Carlos, excuse me for the rant.
scarlogarcia wrote:Hi, I don't know if I lost that information along the thread but, currently, anyone knows how long is a "long dirty road" from the feature "avoid long ones"?
I'm sure no one knows for sure.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
There is one major design flaw with toll roads and its implementation in the client - why the heck is the option available just when I'm physically (GPS) placed in the country, where toll roads' coverage is being considered "complete" and the functionality being enabled for routing? I could understand why Waze hesitates to enable the routing functionality in a country, where the coverage is not yet considered "complete enough", but why should the switch be kept hidden, when I'm planning a route through a country, where it is live?

(The same problem, when I'm 5 km inside a country, where gas stations are not "switched on". Illogically I'm not allowed to see gas prices in the neighboring country, where GS are completely functional. I've to cross the border, then I'm suddenly allowed to. The prices should be hidden, not the option to see them!!)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message