The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Address location not reflecting correctly in Waze

Post by kgstewart3730
We are a new senior living community called Brightview Fair Oaks. Our address is 12725 Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA 22030. Lee Highway is a main thoroughfare and our building is right off the road.

Waze is taking people off Lee Hwy via Hampton Forest Way to the back of our community where there is no access. Google Maps has it right. Would you be able to adjust? Thank you!

kgstewart3730

POSTER_ID:18006551

Send a message

Post by russblau
Hi, thanks for the report. The location has been updated. It should work now for anyone who searches for your facility by name; however, if they search for the address, it will take a few days for the map to update.

Anyone who has used Waze and gotten incorrect directions to this location in the past should remove the destination from their Navigation history and/or Favorites, and do a new search for the location. Otherwise they may continue to be routed to the old location.

IMPORTANT: When I searched for Brightview, the first thing that came up was an ad that your company apparently purchased from Waze; however, the ad has a different address (12716 Lee Highway, which is on the other side of the highway). Anyone who picks this search result is going to get incorrect directions. I don't know whether you can find out who is responsible for this advertising and get them to correct it. I can report it to Waze but it may take a few additional days for this to get cleared up.

(Less important: calling this location "Fair Oaks" is a bit of a stretch.  :D   But I assume that wasn't your decision!)

russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by russblau
Update: the Waze Ads team jumped right on this and got your location fixed!
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by TCSpeedy82
2020 E Maple St North Canton OH 44720 is showing on the wrong side of Walsh University. This address is actually the circle around the flagpole on the North Side … also in front of Huge Chapel. Can an Editor move the location northwest about .3 mile. Current location is behind dorms and no road. Thank you! -Tim
TCSpeedy82
Send a message