Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Major Traffic Events - Website & Push notification support

Post by bex_05
Hi Localizers!

There have been some questions lately about supporting major traffic events (MTE) via the website and push + inbox notification, I wanted to quickly clarify a few things.

[EDIT - UPDATED TIMELINE]

We are happy to announce that we now have a more flexible timeline for providing support for MTEs!

In order for the MTE to be eligible to receive a web page and push + inbox message, please follow these guidelines for submission:
:arrow: For weekend MTE’s (Friday, Saturday & Sunday), the closures need to be added by Wednesday evening.
:arrow: For weekday MTE's (Monday-Thursday), the event closures should be completed 2 days in advance.

There are two ways to add MTE road closures, please see the instructions below for each method.

**If you are adding MTE road closures with the real time closure tool and would like the event to be eligible for MTE support (website and push + inbox notification), then you must notify the geo-ops team about the event.

Steps for Adding MTE Road Closures with the Real time closure tool:

1 - When you begin adding road closures to the WME for an MTE please send a brief email to waze-closures@google.com with the following information.

a) Name of the event (this should be added in the 'Reason' field, in the WME) and this name should be used for all of the closures related to the event
b) The start and end date of the event
c) The city and country where the event takes place
d) One permalink in the general area of the closures

2 - Add the road closures via the WME closure tool

3 - Please refer to these instructions if you need a refresher on how to use the real time closure tool.

Steps for adding MTE road closures with an event closure sheet:

1- Submit the event details via the MTE form

2- You will receive an event closure sheet from the Geo-Ops team, please add the event closures to the google sheet.

Please refer to these instructions if you need a refresher on how to add MTE closures to the event closure sheet

Let us know if you have questions!

Thank you :)

bex_05

POSTER_ID:16943807

Send a message
Last edited by shirlig on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by AndyPoms
bex_05 wrote:1 - The moment you begin adding road closures to the WME for an MTE please send a brief email to waze-closures@google.com with the following information.

Name of the event
The name you are giving to all of the closures related to the event
The start and end date of the event
The city which the event takes place and country
one permalink in the general area of the closures
What do you mean by "The name you are giving to all of the closures related to the event"? It would be nice to be able to type into the Event dropdown in the RTC interface to add an event (or actually be able to select a previously created [either via WME or the Event Sheet] event). I've had events created off of Events Sheets and the "Event" drop down always says "None" with no options.
RTC_Event.png
(92.11 KiB) Downloaded 13086 times
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Last edited by shirlig on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: e-mail address has been updated
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by bex_05
AndyPoms wrote: The name you are giving to all of the closures related to the event"? It would be nice to be able to type into the Event dropdown in the RTC interface to add an event (or actually be able to select a previously created [either via WME or the Event Sheet] event). I've had events created off of Events Sheets and the "Event" drop down always says "None" with no options.
RTC_Event.png
Please write the name of the event in the reason field. The event drop down menu is an option that will be live in the future.
bex_05
Send a message

Post by dinadin13
Thank for the update! 

dinadin13
Send a message

Post by fincherdavid
Thanks for the best share and it helps me a lot.
fincherdavid
Send a message

Post by moogonk
Is there a benefit to creating an event, other than website / push / inbox notifications?

I can do the closures myself.
moogonk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Moogonk
Country Manager & Multi-State Manager--CT, ME, MA, RI, VT. Rank 5 Resident New Hampshire State Manager

Sometimes you avoid the jam, sometimes you are the jam, and sometimes it's faster to go through the jam. - AndyPoms