Would anyone in the Tucson area be able to help with an edit?

Post by vegasdaze
waze.JPG
(198.24 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
 Hello all,

I am trying to fix a mistake on the next street over from my house that has people driving up my driveway at all hours. When I try to fix in the Map Editor it says "You cannot edit this segment. You may only edit segments in your driving area. "

Attached is a pic, The highlighted segment should be a continuation of N. Port Star Trl and not Hawser..

If anyone can guide me I would be much appreciative :)

Greg

vegasdaze

POSTER_ID:18031482

Send a message

Post by Hugo_Moreira
Hi Vegasdaze! 

You can post your request in Arizona's local forum. viewforum.php?f=652

I'm sure some fellow editor will be able to assist help
Hugo_Moreira
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
vegasdaze wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:33 pm waze.JPG
 Hello all,

I am trying to fix a mistake on the next street over from my house that has people driving up my driveway at all hours. When I try to fix in the Map Editor it says "You cannot edit this segment. You may only edit segments in your driving area. "

Attached is a pic, The highlighted segment should be a continuation of N. Port Star Trl and not Hawser..

If anyone can guide me I would be much appreciative :)

Greg

Hi!  Thanks for the post.  It's listed as Hawser because county GIS shows it as Hawser and there is one address that is Hawser.  It also appears there's a street sign that shows it as Hawser?

turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
Note that this post has been moved to the AZ forum.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
Routing in Waze should be fixed for anyone who searches again (as long as they haven't searched for it before). I have also suggested some edits to Google maps that should fix routing on their side.

turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

vegasdaze
Send a message

Post by vegasdaze
waze.JPG
(198.24 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
  Hello all,

I am trying to fix a mistake on the next street over from my house in Catalina that has people driving up my driveway at all hours. When I try to fix in the Map Editor it says "You cannot edit this segment. You may only edit segments in your driving area. "

If anyone can guide me I would be much appreciative images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Greg

vegasdaze
Send a message

Post by vegasdaze
Thank you Turbomkt. Yes you are correct on all of that. I notice that every other address is listed as Port Star Trl and Google and Zillow maps show the street a Port Star as well. And yes, nice catch on the street sign! I had just been looking at the map online and hadn't driven over there. 

Oh well, I guess there's nothing I can do. Some of these addresses are mashed together over time. Truthfully, the assessors parcels are not even aligned with the property people occupy in many cases out here.

Well thanks again for looking, at least I know the problem now. People are looking for that single Hawser address and Google is guiding them across private property instead of coming in off the main road because it's called Port Star. 

I will go verify that sign and then maybe request Google change to to Hawser if  thats what it is..

All the best,
Greg 
vegasdaze
Send a message