Make your voice heard! Take the Annual Editors Community Survey now! Dismiss
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Dysfunctional UR interface in WME 2.1.344.1

Post by phuz
Hello,
The new UR interface is anything but an improvement.
The change to reverse chronological order does not make sense.  If the idea was to match the conversations in the client inbox, then the client should have changed.

Scrolling inside of scrolling is in poor taste.
The Send button could be vertically aligned with the "Follow conversation" text to be a little more aesthetically pleasing.

Please summon the community for input on a more efficient layout as we're the ones that use this on a regular basis.
Untitled.png
(47.44 KiB) Downloaded 403 times

phuz
State Manager
State Manager
Last edited by phuz on Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Twister-UK
Also just noticed we can no longer resize the response text entry field, which is going to make editing/reviewing some of the longer responses we often need to send whilst dealing with tricky reports a bit of a pain...  
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris...)
AM SE England & Shetland Islands, UK Local Champ, WME Beta Tester & ScriptMangler
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork

https://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/beta.pnghttps://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/s0300.pnghttps://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/c5s.png

Post by Twister-UK
So here's an example of why this is a bad bit of UI design...

Looking at this UR with an established conversation, I want to read it from the start...
ur1.png
(221.56 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
And now onto the next installment of the discussion, except that this reply is too long to fit entirely within the space provided by my 1920x1200 display...
ur2.png
(254.16 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
...and so in order to be able to read this bit, I first need to keep on scrolling up to the start of that response...
ur3.png
(244.99 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
...then scroll back down to read the last bit...
ur4.png
(245.76 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
...and then scroll back up through all of it yet again in order to get to the next reply
ur5.png
(215.25 KiB) Downloaded 336 times

:shock: :evil: :roll: etc,,,

Also, given that the individual comments are already very clearly seperated from one another both by the name+datestamp header as well as the border around the comment text itself, why waste even more of our precious vertical screen space by then also inserting an almost invisible seperator line?

Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris...)
AM SE England & Shetland Islands, UK Local Champ, WME Beta Tester & ScriptMangler
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork

https://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/beta.pnghttps://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/s0300.pnghttps://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/c5s.png

Post by SNYOWL
I agree with everyone who has posted.  It's impossible to follow the URs when "today's" post was what I made yesterday and "yesterday's reply from the reporter was posted today! Please reverse this change immediately!
    This  very hard to follow the conversation in a UR.  The problem is on the top and the thread of the conversation is read from the bottom up.. You then post your reply on the bottom and then scroll to see it post at the top of the thread.
     Please fix this right away.  I review too many URs to have to read them backwards!

SNYOWL  
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Last edited by SNYOWL on Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Gonna beat on my old drum here a bit again.

If the UI dev team had a Mission Statement, developed with coordination from editing leadership, which would logically include language that basically says "is this necessary and will it help", and then followed it faithfully, this change would never have happened.

Another avoidable waste of developer time.

Multiplied by another avoidable waste of editors' time  sorting through it.

Another avoidable step backwards.

Again.

SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager

Post by pox_online
<irony on> Yeah, that's a nice workflow now. <Irony off>

Read from below to top what was the conversation and than scroll back down, to answer the user back...

It's the same with the app, so I've always found it impractical. But if that is now in the WME, it makes the processing of messages much more complex.

pox_online
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1

Post by phuz
olepinto wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:21 pm urc-e.png
 URC-e has now a checkbox to "un-reverse" comments. I guess we'll get a bad order once the change is reversed in the WME.

Untitled.png
(55.02 KiB) Downloaded 159 times

Yes, and if anyone is not using URC-E, I made a simple script to restore as much of the original look & feel of the UR interface as possible.
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/43875 ... -interface

Untitled.png
(55.02 KiB) Downloaded 159 times

phuz
State Manager
State Manager

Post by phuz
If you're using URC-E, dB has updated that to add an option to fix the order, and has also fixed the layout to look normal again.
Keep an eye on his thread for when it's released: viewtopic.php?t=275608

If you don't use URC-E, I have added a standalone script to fix this issue.
viewtopic.php?t=338947

That being said, hopefully we can do away with these in the near future if Waze reverts the unnecessary changes they've made.

phuz
State Manager
State Manager

Post by phuz
atrophicshiner wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:45 pm
G_W1Z wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:03 pm Shouldn't it have been caught in beta testing?

When was the last time Staff actually took note of our feedback on anything other than full on WME breaking changes :?: We have consistently said the colour / contrast changes were bad, the continued addition of white space was bad, the repeated implementation of additional clicks for 1-click actions were bad. All we get is it's all for the greater good of brand consistency. We asked for the closure duplication to be removed as it is a redundant and incorrectly coded feature, but it still remains.

Staff simply do not listen, do not care, and now that our loudest voice has gone, have no interest in working with the community they claim to hold so high, this then leads to us not wanting to waste time testing features that are going to get pushed through regardless.

When the TU debacle occurred, apologies were thrown around, almost as if staff valued feedback and input.
But here we are...again.
phuz
State Manager
State Manager