Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by carlosvasco
We have an issue here in Colombia. The gas prices are in thousands. For example regular gas price on average in $8400 COP.

In the US the prices are arround 4 or 3 USD.

When Im in a gas station I can't report prices because of format, it just says that there is an error. The app expects prices in units of dollars. Not in thousands of pesos, our currency

Please fix it.

Congratulations. This app helps me a lot to avoid traffic

Greetings from Medellin - Colombia.

Im using Waze on Android. A smartphone Samsung mini 2
carlosvasco
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Mike-1323 wrote:Oddly they sometimes have different prices.
Wow. So how accurately does waze route to them? I've found that the waze routing to the station addresses isn't very precise. In other words, once waze routes to the intersection, which way waze tells you to turn seems fairly random. For instance, the destination flag occurs in the middle of split roads for a few stations that waze has routed me to. Until we can actually correct the station locations so that waze can route precisely to the station with the lowest price among stations with the same brand at the same intersection, I'm not sure that being able to distinguish them when entering the price is going to make much difference.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Twister_UK wrote:Given that this station is still showing up as a valid location for price updates, either it hasn't been removed from the map, or the flakey back-end implementation has kept a ghost copy of this station in the database after it's been deleted in WME.
This is a US station. The US stations can't be deleted in WME.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
They're back for me on 3.8.1 as well.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
It is hard to tell what the rule is. At one point waze said that cash was to be used and that would add a statement to that effect in the app, but that never happened. But as you can see later in that thread, the wiki was changed to say use the credit price and it has never been changed back.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by chagen666
How close does the nearest gas station have to be before it appears on the Navigate search? When I try to search for a station to navigate to I receive no results but if I chose to navigate to somewhere else and search for a station to add as a stop on the way I get heaps of results.

Thank you.
chagen666
Send a message

Post by clferraz
Hi...

In Brazil, we use the comma as decimal delimiter instead of the point. The Waze for IOS does not accept comma to update fuel prices...
clferraz
Send a message

Post by ColumbusEcto1
In my perfect world, the gas price feature would be handled by something more robust, like GasBuddy. I used this very often before getting Waze; there's more of a community updating prices there than there is on Waze, at least in my area.

I don't mind updating incorrect prices, knowing that Waze's native price feature isn't where it needs to be yet. My gripe is that I use Waze in landscape mode, mounted to a dashboard bracket. The interface on my Samsung Galaxy S III for price input is clunky, slow, and very ugly. The first time I tried it I thought something was wrong, and I input the same price for all fuel grades.
ColumbusEcto1
Send a message

Post by coontex
Is there any plans to add E-85 in the future to the gas price feature so that these prices can be updated also.
coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message