The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Can't edit turns

Post by
I see where the turn permissions need to be changed from red to green, but I'm not allowed to do it. The red arrow highlights, but I can't change it to green. I've had this same issue many times. How do I get it unlocked so I can fix the problem?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=8&lat ... s=65225362

POSTER_ID:9178017

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jasonh300 wrote:Also, the proper way to Allow All Turns is to click on the junction and then type QW. This manually restricts all turns and then allows them all. If you don't do it this way, you can leave soft-restrictions, which are set by people driving through the intersection, and aren't 100% reliable.
QW also removes reverse connectivity which was explicitly set by overuse of 'w' in the previous editor release which enabled those reverse connections.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
It really depends on the intersection. There are plenty of junction which may have a turn which is disallowed and must be manually restricted. In that case the "all turns dis/enabled" won't appear at all. For example, this segment is a ramp and you don't want to enable a left turn off the ramp across the center divider to go the other way. If you select the junction, you'll notice you can either disable or enable all turns, and that "all turns dis/enabled" doesn't appear because neither is true. If you were to Enable all turns at this junction, you'd end up with Waze giving incorrect, illegal and dangerous turn instructions from this ramp.

So, depending on the exact junction and the nature of allowed turns, you need to make sure it is all set properly, so just ignore the "all turns dis/enabled" and set the turns properly.

The use of QW is only advised 1) on junctions where all turns from any segment to another is allowed and 2) as a shortcut: getting all turns enabled then disabling the one illegal turn is faster than manually setting turn restrictions on each segment individually.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
shawndoc wrote:HI Alan, I thought the point of QW was to remove any soft restrictions. I've made it a habit of QWing the intersection, and then manually setting the turn restrictions that are needed.
That is part of it, sure, but I didn't want to get into a soft turn restriction discussion. It will disable all turns, then enable all turns, soft or otherwise. :)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
user064 wrote:(Be patient with my english...)
I would suggest looking and posting in the Italian subforum: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
It is because York Rd is locked. Send Jondrush a personal message here on the forums. Or post an unlock request by following the instructions in the initial posts here: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=265
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by DaveCR
Fellows, I am having exactly the same problem with this:

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=8&l ... =188872066

I need to setup the allowed turns for this tiny segment, but some of the other roads are locked by a level 4 editor :(

Can you help me?
DaveCR
Send a message

Post by falco090
I'm having this issue now, the road is saying I can't turn here, when you clearly can, and it's missing the proper turns. I have to wait until I'm level 4 to even fix it, and even most of the roads are really crooked and look pretty bad in the Houston area, I would be willing to fix them, but all major roads are locked to me. Hopefully someone will come fix it.
falco090
Send a message

Post by FzNk
As stated previously, you can make a request to have a road updated/unlocked by reading this first: viewtopic.php?f=622&t=45264

Then posting a request here: viewtopic.php?f=622
FzNk
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

NWR Assistant Regional Coordinator :: Oregon State Manager
Waze Beta Leader (Android) :: WME Beta

Post by HandofMadness
HI Alan, I thought the point of QW was to remove any soft restrictions. I've made it a habit of QWing the intersection, and then manually setting the turn restrictions that are needed.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Unlocked.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message