Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Create a referring link to Passageway

Post by tenetienne
On the Routing Penalties page there is mention of Passageway in the Segment Properties. Should that be referenced back to Road types so that readers will know not to use that in the U.S.?

tenetienne
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 1
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:17100081

Send a message

Post by Chronos74
I think that would be a good idea, reinforce that its not to be used, we're just documenting that there is a penalty.
Chronos74
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I thought this was a good idea. I didn't see any updates to the page so I created a template {{PassagewayUse}} to keep a single source of that status but still enable visibility of the status directly on other pages.

{{PassagewayUse}} - Created new template to hold the status

[[Routing penalties#Segment properties]] - Added template to page to warn users

[[Road types]] - Tied current {{Mbox}} on page to new template.

[[Road types#Passageway]] - Everything in the section focused on the warning not to use this type, so I moved all the content to the new template without the image.

I removed the notation about the Road type being "new" since that was 4 years ago now.

I debated whether to create a subpage of Roadtypes and force it as a template or just a standalone template. I went with the later, but open to any discussion if anyone has any thoughts to change the template type. We can always find the template in the future because it is tied to the page showing it, so it likely does not matter.

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message