These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
OlderTimer
Send a message

Post by OlderTimer
Im currently using version 4.82.0.2
Whenever I make a Google Voice report while driving, I get an error message, " Woops something went wrong, can't find your position on the map"

Earlier, the only workaround was to get version 4.80.01.  Is there any more recent fix?

OlderTimer
Send a message

Post by OlderTimer
RussPA wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:42 pmUnfortunately, this bug has not yet been fixed.

Argh.

However, thanks for the confirmation.

I see Waze has been updated to version 5.82.5.1
I have not had a chance to test it on the road yet.
No statement in the "whats new" section about fixing the bug  :cry:

EDIT: 6/25/2022 7:18 PM
I must have received incorrect version info.  The latest Android version is 4.84.0.2, May 31, 2022
Tested.  Bug still not fixed.

OlderTimer
Send a message
Last edited by OlderTimer on Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by OlderTimer
by world_1x0etrhs Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:59 pm

I wish we could download maps offline
 You can ... sort of ...  While accessing Waze via WiFi or a good cellular signal, "finger drag" the map along the route you would take.  Your phone will remember that map area until the next map update, or as long as it has a good memory (the route will not be lost, even if the phone is OFF).
 Waze will then display your vehicle on the "memorized" road.  BUT, if you have no cellular signal, you will not receive traffic reports or see other Wazers.

OlderTimer
Send a message

Post by Pee3
I'm missing Speed limit alerts when I use Android Auto after last update of Waze and Android Auto. No matter if I have Sounds "ON" or "Alerts only". (Have not tested without using Android Auto.)
Voice commands and Speed Camera alerts are OK. Also goodie alert.

Waze version: 4.94.0.3
Phone: Pixel 7
Android: 13
Android Auto: 9.4.631624
Car: VW Tiguan 2019

Pee3
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Pee3
Pee3 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:37 pm I'm missing Speed limit alerts when I use Android Auto after last update of Waze and Android Auto. No matter if I have Sounds "ON" or "Alerts only". (Have not tested without using Android Auto.)
Voice commands and Speed Camera alerts are OK. Also goodie alert.

Waze version: 4.94.0.3
Phone: Pixel 7
Android: 13
Android Auto: 9.4.631624
Car: VW Tiguan 2019

Now it's OK after update to 

Waze version: 4.95.0.3
Android Auto: 9.5.631884
:D

Pee3
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by pomareta
version 4.102.0.2

When planing a trip, selecting a different starting point and saving it, the trip appears as planned on the bottom of the page.

However, if we want to see the map, for example to see the route in advance, check alternative paths, etc. when opening the trip, it takes as starting point the current location instead of the defined one.

Thanks !

pomareta
Send a message

Post by pox_online
AleqCZ wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:18 pm Hi, 
I'm on 4.77 and I'm experiencing for some time already SMALL font (difficult to read) on distance to destination and time to destination. I have the feeling it started to occur only from time to time and a restart of the app did help but now on Pixel 5 it's permanent. I'm having big troubles to read or while driving. 
Is there any chance to bring back previous size please?

Hi AleqCZ,
this is known issue and reported via Beta Testers to Waze.

Regards
Peter
pox_online
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by proffa71
MickB1983 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:42 am Have just noticed this warning telling me to register my account when going into settings to change my icon. 

My account is registered, I've logged out of the app and back in and it hasn't gone away. 

Any suggestions? 

Version 4.79.0.2Screenshot_20220102-134120_Waze.jpg

Hi,

Original bug emerged about 2 months ago and was reported fixed 3 weeks ago. It returned in latest build and there is a already comments to reopen the bug.

proffa71
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Oletko jo käynyt Waze Finlandin Discordissa, rennompaa jutustelua ja muihin editoreihin tutustumista: https://discord.gg/GnqERGJUpB

https://i.ibb.co/YBXHRYv/Banner1-5-M-Megamapper.png

Global Champ
Country Manager
Community, Partner, Localization and Mentoring Coordinator
First Responder
Beta WME & Android
Finland

Post by raitchison818
I've got a problem with Waze on Android Auto showing a blank screen.

It started a couple days ago after I updated the app, previously everything worked fine.

Noticed that there was another update yesterday, I updated  again (to 4.84.0.2) but that did not fix the problem.

Other AA apps, including Google Maps, continue to work with no issues.

Waze still works fine on the phone screen, when not connected to Android Auto of course.

Noticed on the Waze subreddit that someone else has the exact same problem.  Seems to be the common denominator is that we're both running Android 8.0 on our devices.  Mine is LG theirs is Samsung.
raitchison818
Send a message