These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Voice navigation talking in two voices

Post by
This only started happening a few days ago. 
During navigation the directions will sometimes be said half by the chosen voice and then half by another voice... The directions themselves are fine, but it's like Waze is having an identity crisis. 

Using a Oneplus 8, fully up to date. 
The car is a UK Ford Fiesta 2021. 

POSTER_ID:17977265

Send a message

Post by 071d73949c4c43ed826af06f3a17a58b
ArchLordShadowHayze wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:01 am November 29th and US on Android Samsung s22 ultra. I am using US Jane. And the switching of voices is distinct and really annoying because it'll say something in one voice and then say something else similar immediately in the other voice.

I was kind of thinking they were trying to do some sort of upgrade to the voice and part of it was released and not yet the other part, and I wanted to preserve the existing Jane voice.

Because this other voice is a little more human sounding and I really want something that has a distinct sound to me while I'm driving that I know it's waze. talking.

Now that I see it's a bug I hope they actually can fix this because it's quite disconcerting.

VERY ANNOYING!!!! Needs fixed I will find alternative app if not. Been going on for MONTHS.

071d73949c4c43ed826af06f3a17a58b
Send a message

Post by 071d73949c4c43ed826af06f3a17a58b
Come on folks, this needs a proper reply and a FIX!! Is it in the backlog or actually assigned to current sprint?
071d73949c4c43ed826af06f3a17a58b
Send a message

Post by 34880d0c4e3841be8a571ebf8b1b218d
Me too , I use English UK, Kate and occasionally the navigation is in two voices as well

34880d0c4e3841be8a571ebf8b1b218d
Send a message

Post by AdrianMarsh
deanonzl wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:56 am This is under investigation by Staff at present.
Hopefully they can find a fix for it quickly.

Is there some way to track this please?
AdrianMarsh
Send a message

Post by al20878
It's November, and it's the US, and my Waze began having this "personality" issue here, too.... I keep my apps on auto-update, so it's def "new" for this corner of the world.... And I use the app quite regularly, so I would have noticed if it happened earlier (such as May, when the UK began reporting it)
al20878
Send a message

Post by ArchLordShadowHayze
November 29th and US on Android Samsung s22 ultra. I am using US Jane. And the switching of voices is distinct and really annoying because it'll say something in one voice and then say something else similar immediately in the other voice.

I was kind of thinking they were trying to do some sort of upgrade to the voice and part of it was released and not yet the other part, and I wanted to preserve the existing Jane voice.

Because this other voice is a little more human sounding and I really want something that has a distinct sound to me while I'm driving that I know it's waze. talking.

Now that I see it's a bug I hope they actually can fix this because it's quite disconcerting.
ArchLordShadowHayze
Send a message

Post by benchong05
Do hope for a solution soon as it is irritating with 2 voices appearing on different part of the road during navigation, I was thinking that where is that another voice appearing?  :lol:

benchong05
Send a message

Post by ChicagoMatthew
I’m on an iPhone 12 mini, in The U.S. and the two different voices has been happening for a few days now….it’s very erie.
ChicagoMatthew
Send a message

Post by deanonzl
This is under investigation by Staff at present.
Hopefully they can find a fix for it quickly.
deanonzl
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Adrian
Country Coordinator: New Zealand

Post by deanonzl
Staff are aware of the issues.
They will be investigated & a fix released in time.
It will have to be tested by the beta testers before being released to the production app.
deanonzl
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Adrian
Country Coordinator: New Zealand