How to Communicate with Area Editors

Post by bretmcvey
If you're a new/existing editor in Kansas or even if you're just visiting and want to relay information to local editors you can do so by clicking the link below to jump into the Plains Region Discord Server. Be sure to alert others in the #general channel what state(s) you need to be added to.

Join other editors on the
Plains Region Discord Server

Alternative to Discord, Kansas Google Hangout
The first preference is for editors to use the Discord Server for the region. If you're unable to do so, please the Google Hangout for the state as an alternative. It presently syncs between that state's Discord Channel, but functionality is limited compared to what's available via Discord.
bretmcvey
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:6393021

Send a message
Regional Coordinator - Plains Region
Global Waze Champ | Country Manager: USA | State Manager: Nebraska
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.png

Post by bretmcvey
Hi btsuperman!

Pardon the delay in response. We weren't able to relay communication prior to you getting into the forum (there's issues reaching Wazers that drive only and don't yet edit). There had been concerns about excessive pothole hazards in the area you were driving on a recurring basis. It may not have been an intentional situation but at times there are other Wazers that try to flood areas they drive with hazards in the hopes of racking up more points and if those situations are presented we at times will take action to either suspend that from occurring or as an approach to gain the attention of the Wazer so they seek out answers (for lack of a better method to get attention and communicate).

I'll go ahead and put in a request with staff to restore access but wanted to make sure I offered up the reason why and on the plus side it also opens up communication should you need help with closures and other updates.

Note the update request may take a few days to process but I'll DM you via the forum once I get confirmation that access is restored.

bretmcvey
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator - Plains Region
Global Waze Champ | Country Manager: USA | State Manager: Nebraska
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.png

Post by btsuperman
To Area Editor:
I don't understand what the problem is.  Do points accumulate when using Android Auto?  Are my alerts blocked when using Android Auto?
Can anyone tell me 1 if there is a problem and 2 what the problem is and 3 what do you want from me?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=11.0ptFrom:=11.0pt Douglas Sutton
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 3:17 PM
To: 'Waze-Customer-Support' <waze-customersupport@waze.com>
Subject: RE: 01077156 – A reply to your Waze support case [ ref:_00D58YyyR._5008d6CrR6:ref ]
I opened the Waze Forum’ link you provided but it is confusing.  There are listings for different countries.  One listing is for North America but I don’t see how to contact anyone or who to contact.  Is there a phone number I can call and talk to someone?Note:  All I want to do it alert fellow drivers of road issues.  I have friends that prefer to use google maps when driving but I feel we get notified quicker through Waze.  Of course if Waze is blocking reports, it loses it effectiveness.I do not use all the Waze features.  I try to keep my tech use to basics.  If I go beyond basics, I am venturing into unknown territory.  Forums are a mystery to me. =11.0ptFrom:=11.0pt Waze-Customer-Support [waze-customersupport@waze.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 3:02 PM
To: Douglas Sutton <dascpa@DouglasASuttonCPA.com>
Subject: 01077156 – A reply to your Waze support case [ ref:_00D58YyyR._5008d6CrR6:ref ] =10.0ptHi Douglas,=10.0ptThanks for your reply.=10.0ptWe apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. =10.0ptPlease get in touch with your local community regarding your editing permissions via the Waze forum by choosing the relevant forum for your country and state.=10.0ptPlease be also advised that only our Waze Map Editor or your local community can revoke your editing permission on the Waze app.=10.0ptThanks for understanding.=10.0ptBest,=10.0ptCh'erry
Waze Support Team =11.0ptFrom:=11.0pt Douglas Sutton
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 2:45 PM
To: 'Waze-Customer-Support' <waze-customersupport@waze.com>
Subject: RE: 01077156 – A reply to your Waze support case [ ref:_00D58YyyR._5008d6CrR6:ref ]

I opened the private inbox as suggested but it is empty.That there is a problem did not surface until I used Waze on my phone again instead of through Android Auto.You mention ‘suspicious activity’. I have looked at Waze and do not see anything that looks suspicious to me.  That could be because I am not very high tech (I’m 73).Because I don’t get points, inbox or almost anything else in Android Auto, this may be a very old issue.It appears someone has hacked the account since I cannot imagine anyone complaining about my alerting road hazards and police.  Except maybe the police, but that seems unlikely.Perhaps my issue is internal at your end.  Is that possible?I’ve read the articles you highlighted and been part of Waze for 9 years.  If I have created or am creating a problem, I would appreciate an explanation so I can avoid it.One suggestion: I will often hit a pothole, pass a car at the side of the road, turn the corner and encounter construction with another pothole or police car, then a mile down the road I encounter something else and Waze will stop me from marking the last item.  These are legitimate issues that I would want to know about but am unable to file the alert.  It seems that issues seem to group together, albeit on different streets or a mile apart, and then no road problems for miles.  Is there a way that Waze can allow these legitimate notifications?Douglas Sutton=11.0ptFrom:=11.0pt Waze-Customer-Support [waze-customersupport@waze.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 2:22 PM
To: Douglas Sutton <dascpa@DouglasASuttonCPA.com>
Subject: 01077156 – A reply to your Waze support case [ ref:_00D58YyyR._5008d6CrR6:ref ] =10.0ptHi Douglas,=10.0ptThanks for contacting us about your points not being added on your account and for not being able to report as your account is being blocked. We’re here to help.=10.0ptYour editing permissions have been revoked due to either issues with your editing practices or suspicious activity.=10.0ptThe block was requested by your local community of editors to ensure map quality and accuracy. Please get in touch with your local community regarding your editing permissions via the Waze forum or check your private inbox for messages from the community.=10.0ptFlagged users may be penalized by losing points. This could also be one of the reasons why your points are not adding up on your account. Learn more here.=10.0ptTo learn more about why your account is blocked from map editing, reporting or place editing, you can read this article.=10.0ptShould you have other questions, feel free to contact us again.=10.0ptBest,=10.0ptCh'erry
Waze Support Team
btsuperman
Send a message