1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Unlock request in New Orleans, Louisiana

Post by dwbwriter
Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following segment(s).
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&l ... s=62695886
Reason: We need to change in the map that Exit 12B (O'Keefe) is now 12D, and exit 12D (Calliope) is now 12B.
Unlock to level: I don't know what level. This is my first time but the exit numbers and signs are all changed.

Thank you in advance,

David Brown
dwbwriter

POSTER_ID:18048850

Send a message

Post by dwbwriter
Hello! Yes all signs have been replaced, both at the exits and before.
dwbwriter
Send a message

Post by dwbwriter
I would really like the experience if possible and certainly don't want to mess anything up. Please let me know how to proceed and we can do it ASAP
dwbwriter
Send a message

Post by dwbwriter
Thank you very much! I think I have successfully made the changes. So cool!  :)

I will check out the discord too!
dwbwriter
Send a message

Post by sketch
Hey David!

I’m mobile right now, so I can’t handle the request just yet. But I want to confirm first, did they finally remove all the old signs? I know they had inconsistent signage up for the last few months.

sketch
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Great. Apologies for the delayed response, I was out of town over the weekend and catching up on email now.

We have 2 options here: if you really want the experience, I can coordinate an unlock for you, but I don't want to leave these important ramps unlocked for any extended period of time.

As an alternative, I can make these edits myself, only because these are high value and sensitive segments.

I know this is kind of extending the fix, but I don't want to deprive you the edits if you want to make them.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
Great. Looks like O'Keefe is already correct, but I have unlocked these three westbank-bound ramps for you so you can try your hand at fixing them: https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&lat=29.94912&lon=-90.08362&s=241662285303&zoomLevel=16&segments=21163383,57605560,21155765 and you can fix the numbers on those 3 exits (westbank-bound). The correct exit numbers are 13A-B (not 13B-A) for the Superdome / Claiborne exit, 12D (not 12C) for Loyola, and 12B (not 12D) for Carondelet / St. Charles.

If you're interested in map editing generally as well, we would like to extend an invitation to our South Central Region Discord Chat Server https://discord.gg/CXtzyEN. This is a great way to meet fellow editors and senior editors, learn more about Waze editing and connect yourself with the Waze community.

sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message