Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Wrong city on many addresses in NC

Post by TPrime69
Recently I have traveled to two different addresses with different cities in my area but they both come up in Hendersonville, NC. Hendersonville, NC is about 270 miles from my area. I started just randomly looking up other addresses and there seems to be many that the city is wrong.

Here are a few of the addresses that the city is wrong.

8236 Bells Lake Rd Apex NC 27539. This comes up as Hendersonville, NC in Waze.

8233 Kennebec Rd Willow Spring, NC 27592. This comes up as Hendersonville, NC in Waze.

4716 Johnson Pond Rd, Apex, NC 27539. This comes up as Hendersonville, NC in Waze.

765 Massengill Pond Rd, Angier, NC 27501. This comes up as Hendersonville, NC in Waze.

4716 Randolph Ct, Raleigh, NC 27606. This comes up as Hendersonville, NC in Waze.

I had a friend check a couple of the address on their phone and it's also wrong. I even uninstalled and reinstalled - iOS. I checked the address on my laptop web browser and they also show up incorrect. Seems to be a larger issue other than just a couple of errors.

TPrime69

POSTER_ID:18050145

Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
This is actually an ongoing problem with addresses that are not within city limits. Due to the way Waze is currently handling streets without a city name, it seems to autofill in a city from the state for all those segments, causing a major headache (in SC, it fills in Columbia, even out on the coast). The State Managers and Champs have been hoping to get Waze to fix this, but for now, it's something that we have to live with

crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by jm6087
Moved to NC forum for local assistance
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,