Check the post about the New WME prod v.2.104! We released 6 community Suggestions, plenty of design changes and bug fixes. Dismiss
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by yeshvanaken
Same here, Waze keeps showing me 12 km/h higher than actual car speed since 1/2 weeks.

this is particularly bugging because even if I’m at a within speed limits, Waze on CarPlay keeps sending alerts.

and I don’t want to turn alerts off.

iphone 6s, latest iOS, latest app update and carplay on latest Ford Fiesta.
yeshvanaken

Post by yonathantzur1
The Waze app in Apple CarPlay suffers from a bug.
The screen becomes white blank when opening Waze app first time in a place with no GPS signals and to fix it, It requires to close the app manually from the iPhone and open it again after the signal is back.
yonathantzur1

Post by youknowvictor
Hello, not sure if it is a bug or not, but using Waze with CarPlay on my Audi A5 MMI (2017), I couldn’t ever achieve to have sound alerts or instructions playing at the same time than my music or radio.
If I play music in carplay, no problem.
I tried with my iphone and carplay on a VW golf (2018) and waze’s sounds play throughout the radio, correctly mixed.

Any help will be appreciated
Kind regards.
youknowvictor

Post by youknowvictor
My bad, I found out the issue. Waze's sound instructions use the volume of the navigation instructions of the MMI, which I muted a very long time ago. Therefore, waze instruction were playing but muted. Everything works !
youknowvictor

Post by YS73
On recent versions of Waze I notice issues related to CarPlay audio on 2 different cars.
On one of them, the audio maximum volume is limited to a very low level when using Waze.
This occurs occasionally.
On the 2nd car, occasionally the audio will come out of the RIGHT side only once Waze is initiated.
Terminating the APP resolves this issue (Mazda Infotainment system).

Any help regarding a solution is appreciated!

YS73

Post by YS73
tamastom86 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:31 am Workaround:
Turn off bluetooth and every other access level (except location and mobile data obviously) in your iphone’s waze settings:
Go to Settings —> Waze -> Allow access to Waze section

Unfortunately, this does not solve my issue.
I have found a Youtube video showing a simple workaround based on pressing the "Voice assistance" button on the steering wheel followed by  pressing the "End call" button. For me this works every time.
YS73