Check the post about the New WME prod v.2.104! We released 6 community Suggestions, plenty of design changes and bug fixes. Dismiss
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Updated WAZE to 4.83.6.0 AND ANDROID AUTO to 7.6.621734 .. now WAZE gets black screen on my infotainment system

Post by dirrtyharri
Hello .. I updated my infotaimnent system in my 2022 Hyundai Santa cruz .. Now when I open android auto .. And select Waze for my maps .. It doesn't open and just has a black screen on the infotainment system .. My location is in Canada My phone is an lg g5 running android 8.0.0 I have updated to the lastest release of Waze .. 4.83.6.0 I have updated do the latest release of android auto .. 7.6.621734 And have all permissions allowed and selected .. Android auto works fine with google maps app or TomTom navigation app .. Doesn't work with Waze .. is there anyone that could help to see if we can get waze operational with Android Auto ?   any help is greatly appreciated ! thanks you
dirrtyharri

Post by superguru75
Hi Dirrtyharri and World_xj18ciebIt,
it is very likely that the problem you encountered is an application bug affecting phones with Android 8.0 also reported by other users in Italy, but that only the app developers can solve.

To find a solution to your problem, they need to receive log files from the app installed on your mobile phone.I invite you to send the log file and report your problem by following the instructions you find at this link:

Submit debug logs

Once you have sent the log files and filled out the form you find by pressing the blu button “Report an issue” you find in the previous link, I invite you to write me here your username you use on Waze and the day and time you have sent the log files with app or by writing me a private message as if it were an email using this link: 

https://www.waze.com/forum/user_message_redirect.php?username=superguru75 

in order that I can also inform the developers of the sending of your log files and speed up a solution to the problem as much as possible.

Greetings.

superguru75
State Manager
State Manager

Post by superguru75
Please note,
if any of you write to me privately using the link reported in my previous message, remember to then go and check this link in the following hours / days:

https://www.waze.com/forum/ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox

if I have possibly answered you and read the message.

Regards.

superguru75
State Manager
State Manager

Post by superguru75
As soon as the app developers inform me that they have found a solution to the problem and have released a fix, I will write here to inform you and ask all of you to confirm that the problem has actually been solved.

Regards.

superguru75
State Manager
State Manager

Post by superguru75
Good evening everyone.
I just read a message from a user who had the same problem and after updated Android Auto to version 7.7.622133  now Waze displays correctly on the car screen again.
Do you want to check if this solution also solves the problem for you?
Thank you very much.
Greetings

superguru75
State Manager
State Manager

Post by superguru75
Hi Ken,
update your Android Auto!
It is very likely that the problem is caused by Android Auto.

The new version of Android Auto that I'm telling you was published yesterday on Google Play in Italy: it can't get any worse than that.
At worst, Waze will still not work with your car.

Regards

superguru75
State Manager
State Manager

Post by usa_ymrltszx
This is exactly my problem.  I was forced to update Android Auto.  After update WAZE only brings up in my 2020 Toyota Camry car screen a BLACK screen.
After about 20-30 seconds it returns to the screen with all my apps.
WAZE still works on my cell phone.

I have been searching for someone else with the same problem so I hope we can get find a solution.

All my other apps work including Google Map on my Car screen just WAZE stopped working.

Thanks for posting the same problem. I thought I was alone.

Ken

usa_ymrltszx

Post by usa_ymrltszx
I forgot to mention I have OS 8.1 on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.   Same exact problem
Car screen goes BLACK for 20-30 seconds then returns to screen showing all my apps.

Google Maps as well as the existing APPs still work except for WAZE.   

I also sent up a log about an hour ago.   user name usa_ymritszx
I sent the log files but I could not figure out how to send a written report.

Ken

usa_ymrltszx

usa_ymrltszx

Post by usa_ymrltszx
I just noticed Android Auto has another update.   My previous update was about 2 weeks ago.
I am really worried up doing the update.  Before the update I did a couple weeks ago every
was working with WAZE on my 2020 Toyota Camry Car screen.    Now I get just the Black screen
on my Car screen.

Ken
usa_ymrltszx