1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Unlock request in Viola, New York

Post by dbm11219
Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following segment(s).
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&l ... 24.8425541
Reason:
Unlock to level:

Thank you in advance,

dbm11219

POSTER_ID:18028668

Send a message

Post by pasciakd
Hi dbm1129! I see the link you sent for is a residential address, what kind of work are you looking to do on this place? I will help you unlocking it down to your level!

Additionally I noticed you actively edit in Orange and Rockland counties, I would like to invite you to our volunteer team of editors in the North East Region including NY!

I would like to see you connected to the community of map editors sharing tips, tricks, and best practices for really making the map work for wazers. Please reply to this PM to find out more. And remember to check in on the in-editor chat the next time you edit -- introduce yourself as a new editor, and you'll get plenty of help.

We've also got a Discord Chat for Northeast editors - you can join via https://discord.gg/xjaJJHaY3K ! It's a great way to connect to our Area Managers, State Managers, and Regional Coordinators. We even have a Global Champ or two pop in from time to time!

Remember, the overall goals of the Waze map are Usability, Simplicity and Retention - the fourth link below goes into much more detail.

Again, welcome to Waze editing and thanks for your help with the map!
- pasciakd
pasciakd
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
USA
NJ - NY
Area Manager / WME Beta Editor / iOS+Android Beta

Wazumé + Wiki Profile
WME Profile