You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Move segment IDs to bottom of WME

Post by jm6087
Please consider voting for this feature request:

https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59225 ... tom-of-wme
With the latest update to WME, when you select a segment, the segment IDs are now at the top of the side panel.
This is fine when you only select one segment, but when you select several segments, it makes the left panel virtually unusable.
We are constantly selecting multiple segments for various reasons like closing a stretch of road, adding speed limits to several segments, etc.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please consider moving the segment IDs back to the bottom of the left panel.

You can leave the number of segments selected at the top as that is useful information.

jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Answers: 21

POSTER_ID:17095291

Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by witoco
For many reasons, I need the segment ID to be accesible and to be able to be copied to the clipboard, so a couple of years ago I developed a script to display it at the top of the left panel as a clickable button and shared it with my local community.

The latest change of WME, broke my script, and as I still wanted it to be copied with a click, I modified it and turned the ID button into a small pin that performs the same behavior.

As I see the problem when many segments are selected at the same time, I modified my script in order to limit the display area of the list and to add a scrollbar. It is not as clean as I'd like, but it works.

If you already use scripts in WME, you won't have any problem installing my script: WME Segment Id Copy

I hope this workaround helps!

witoco
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message