Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

E85 as gas option

Post by cars_shoes_tattoos
I would like to see if it is possible to add e85 as a fuel option. While traveling from Texas to Colorado stations can be found using a different app but would be less time consuming and more user friendly. 
cars_shoes_tattoos

POSTER_ID:18058908

Send a message

Thank you so much! 
cars_shoes_tattoos
Send a message

This is the response I received after voting:

NOW AVAILABLE · Waze Team (Admin) (Admin, Waze) responded
Currently app supports only 4 fuel types. List of available fuel types is configurable at country level. Please contact your local map editors community for more details.

Can someone tell me how to do this?
cars_shoes_tattoos
Send a message

Post by jm6087
phmaddnes wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:57 pm For those of us hauling boats in the US, Ethanol Free option would be great.

This forum is for community help, in a Q&A format, nobody responding here is part of Waze staff or a Waze developer. 

The best place to ask for feature requests is here: https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... estion-box
We recommend adding your suggestion there, or upvoting a similar suggestion to make it more popular to the developers.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by phmaddnes
For those of us hauling boats in the US, Ethanol Free option would be great.
phmaddnes
Send a message

Post by sketch
To put it another way, each country can have up to 4 fuel types. In the U.S., the most common four fuel types are regular, mid-grade, premium, and diesel. To add E85 we'd have to remove one of those, and E85 isn't as common as those four.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by whoaitspete
This is a highly requested feature, but unfortunately it is outside of the Waze community's control and will be up to the Waze staff to develop this. You can search their suggestion box and upvote the E85 suggestions to give them more staff attention. https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... ?query=E85
whoaitspete
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

USA Local Champ | NY State Manager | Android Beta Tester
Northeast Region Discord / NY Wazeopedia / Waze NY Twitter

Post by whoaitspete
Unfortunately that is misleading. The only 4 that can be displayed are regular, mid, premium, and diesel. Other countries may not have those full 4 choices, and that could be what is being alluded to, but those four are all that is configurable for us in the US. We'd love to be able to add in ethanol blends, ethanol free, biodiesel, etc. as choices, but it's currently not possible. 
whoaitspete
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

USA Local Champ | NY State Manager | Android Beta Tester
Northeast Region Discord / NY Wazeopedia / Waze NY Twitter