These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
These are the speed cameras I have reported from the client, and that is all. They do show on the map when I'm not routing, but I'm not sure if the pop-up alert happens.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
Oh, snap! Spoken warnings? I haven't heard any of those... Then again, I'm always routing. I'll try it.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Hm. I haven't heard a damn thing. I haven't driven with 1.6 yet, but I have with 1.5.9.4, which is allegedly "exactly the same".
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Argh. I'm on the iPhone too. I've seen plenty, but I've never heard anything. I suppose a reinstall is in order...
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Mine have stayed on the client map, but as others have said, I cannot add new ones. I just checked Cartouche and none that I have reported in the past week or two have been there. Also, I'm not getting these audible alerts.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
leo_lau wrote:Wish list:
- Add speed limit.
- [...]modify Cams on Map Editor

Current Bugs:
- Marked Cams will be shown on map but they will disappear after few days for a week.
- No warning when I approach the cams.
The speed limit can be added in the map editor after the cam is reported.

My client has been showing pop-up warnings for speed cameras ahead for a number of months. It seems that the marked cameras only "stick" if you edit the speed limit in Cartouche and save it, though.

What I'd like to see is a way to edit the location of the speed camera afterwards and the ability to add cameras in Cartouche. Pressing "report" while driving has had mixed results. It's rather difficult to report the cameras in the proper location and completely impossible to record them without driving past.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Even without a list, though, I've done enough driving in New Orleans that I know where just about all the speed cameras are. The ability to add them in Cartouche would save me the trouble of driving past them all, reporting them at the appropriate location, hoping the GPS location is accurate enough, and STILL having to verify them and enter the correct speed before they take effect.

Of course, by the time it's implemented, I will have driven past, reported, and verified all the cameras in the city anyway, so whatever.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by SnackBarHarses
*bump

I can edit the speed limit, but not the place of it. I can only delete a camera, but not add in Cartouche. This is annoying, I cannot fix all the wrong placed or wrong speedlimits.

And of course I want to implement all the red light camera's here in my hometown (Amersfoort, The Netherlands) Over here almost every speed cam is also a red light camera...

Greets
SnackBarHarses
Send a message
(een van de) Area manager driehoek Amersfoort-Soest-Utrecht
IPhone 3GS | twitter: https://twitter.com/vanwaik
Tips & Trucs voor editen map: Basis uitleg voor editen kaart | Checklist snelwegen in NL | Naamgeving wegen in NL |

Post by support
Can you please send us a permalink to the specific speed cam that you said you can see on the live map but can edit in the Cartouche?
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message