Need coordinates adjusted for 16000 Mt Madonna Rd Los Gatos, CA 95033, USA

Post by usa_go9wx4mx
Hi.  When driving from San Jose to 16000 Mt Madonna Road, Los Gatos, CA 95033, if you drive on Mt Madonna Rd / Summit Rd, then Waze says that you have arrived at your destination, but it does so at the wrong gate, with the correct gate being around 0.1 miles more eastbound.  I attached a Poweroint file showing the gates.  There aren't many gates/houses on the road, so if you could adjust the coordinates, it would be appreciated.  Thanks!!  - Jim

usa_go9wx4mx

POSTER_ID:18061751

Send a message
Attachments

Post by abc1357
Thank you.  Unfortunately, there are no street view pictures for me to reference the correct location for the gate.  However, the long driveway is visible in aerial views.  So I added the driveway to the Waze map.  This should update either on Wednesday or Thursday. 

Please check back then to see if the routing is correct.  Thanks.
abc1357
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by abc1357
To the original poster, I just tested routing to 16000 Mt Madonna Rd Los Gatos and Waze routes me down the private driveway. Please delete this addresses from your search history and your work/home locations before doing another search again to force Waze to download the updated position to your app. To do this, please tap My Waze at the lower left, scroll until you see the address, tap the 3 dots on the right and tap the trashcan.  Do this until all instances of the address are removed. Also, if you have the address saved as Home, Work or Saved Places, please delete them also.  Then do a search by tapping "My Waze" and entering the address. Please let us know if your routing is now correct - as previously mentioned, we do not have any street view pictures so we have to estimate where the gate is actually located.

To Tonestertm, Santa Cruz GIS names that road as Summit Road.  There is a Mt Madonna Rd but it runs perpendicular to Summit Rd. The street view pictures at this junction show the name of the road is Summit Road.

abc1357
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by abc1357
Thank you for confirming that the location of the gate is correct.  I've extended the driveway and moved the "pin" to what I think is the house as viewed on aerial pictures.  This should update in a couple of days.  In Thursday or Friday, I recommend you perform the delete and search again as mentioned earlier to force Waze to load the new location to your device.

With regards to the naming of the road, I believe the question is whether it is better to display Summit Rd or Mt Madonna Rd when you are driving on it.

On Street View pictures, I see signs saying Summit Road at the intersection with Mt. Madonna on the south.  However, are there any signage saying that the road name changes to Mt. Madonna. The other option is to leave the name alone on the Waze map, as everyone local knows it as Summit Road.

Thanks.
abc1357
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by tonestertm
Neglected to post back here after doing a bunch of work in the area. I added an address for 16000, so between that and the added driveway, routing should work better for you in a day or two. Please let us know. 
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by tonestertm
Also, I saw that most of the addresses along the road out that far are Mt Madonna: would it be better if it were named that in the map, rather than Summit?
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by usa_go9wx4mx
I drove up to 16000 Mt Madonna Rd yesterday, and the adjustments that were made worked great in that it had me turn into the correct gate, so many thanks for that update!!  This is really minor, but Waze finished the trip at the barn, but the house is a little further down the driveway, and both should be visible in overhead views, so if you could adjust the coordinates to the house, that would be appreciated.  

As far as the street names, yes, it is a little confusing, and Google maps has Summit Rd and Mt Madonna Rd both mentioned, but if you search for 16000 Summit Rd, Los Gatos, CA, then that is is a completely different location, so 16000 Mt Madonna Rd seems correct.  Thanks again!!!  - Jim
usa_go9wx4mx
Send a message