Any specifics got you confused? Go ahead and let us deal with the puzzling!

Stop Waze from changing my selected route

Post by Lyverbe
I have a motorcycle and sometimes enjoy riding through vast plains and forests.  In this case, after setting my destination, I will manually select a route I know (or hope!) I will enjoy.  While riding, Waze will say "Hey, I found another route that will be faster.  CHANGING!" and I'm like... whhaaaaat?

So I stop, set back the route that I have specifically selected by hand and get back on the road.  Again, Waze changes my route.  Leave my $*&!^$( route alone!  I have selected a route for my personal enjoyment and not because I'm in a hurry.  Do NOT touch it, I WANT this route!

Is there a way to prevent Waze from optimizing a route?  Or, at the very least ask "Route X will save you Y minutes.  Do you wish to change it?" with options "Yes", "No", "Always" and "Never".

Lyverbe

POSTER_ID:17607399

Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
The idea behind Waze is to get you to your destination the best way possible, so Waze will keep trying to reroute you to do so.

While I don't expect this idea would fit into Waze's purpose anytime soon, you are welcome to make a suggestion or upvote existing suggestions for it in the Waze Suggestion Box. Waze staff does monitor the suggestion box and has implemented many ideas in the past.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message