These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Bluetooth works fine with everything but Waze. I've tried everything save reset of the phone.

Post by Mark06111
I have an iPhone 13Pro+, latest IOS. Everything works over bluetooth except Waze.  Google maps nav, the phone, sirusXM, everything... but Waze.  I've uninstalled, gone through all settings as described on many forums.  Scenario: Start the car, phone connects to bluetooth.  Make/receive calls over the car's audio, listen to music, do Google maps nav - all works as expected. Fire up Waze, start a nav to work. It pops up and announces the instruction using the Iphone speaker.  There's a speaker symbol on the nav popup, i select it, all that shows is 'iPhone' and 'AirPlay'.  I have the app set to either default or play through bluetooth, no changes.  I've rebooted the phone between settings, reinstalled the app, You name it.  Seriously frustrated...  Need HELP!  Please!

Mark06111

POSTER_ID:18066397

Send a message

Post by ElFresh92
Mark06111 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:19 pm I have an iPhone 13Pro+, latest IOS. Everything works over bluetooth except Waze.  Google maps nav, the phone, sirusXM, everything... but Waze.  I've uninstalled, gone through all settings as described on many forums.  Scenario: Start the car, phone connects to bluetooth.  Make/receive calls over the car's audio, listen to music, do Google maps nav - all works as expected. Fire up Waze, start a nav to work. It pops up and announces the instruction using the Iphone speaker.  There's a speaker symbol on the nav popup, i select it, all that shows is 'iPhone' and 'AirPlay'.  I have the app set to either default or play through bluetooth, no changes.  I've rebooted the phone between settings, reinstalled the app, You name it.  Seriously frustrated...  Need HELP!  Please!

Hi. Check in settings>Voice & Sound>Sound. You should have "Play sound to phone speaker" disabled (Note, the steps to follow were obtained from the android app. Well, if it does not appear in these steps, look for that option or something similar.
ElFresh92
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Cristhofer Correa
Región Metropolitana / Región de Valparaiso

https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeopedia-files/9/9f/Badge_LocalChamp.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c4.pnghttps://66.media.tumblr.com/e73526c068d0433f976933c033beb5b4/tumblr_ps31targ351qjz0vco1_75sq.png

Post by Mark06111
In IOS, it's settings, voice & sound, play sound via. You have to select "default device", "Phone speaker" or "Play as Bluetooth phone call". I have Play as Bluetooth selected. There's no other way to disable speaker at all, unless it's Sounds, off, on or alerts only and I don't think that's it. Mute waze during cals is also off.

Mark06111
Send a message