These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze won't connect, says "searching network"

Post by
This started about five days ago. I'm using Waze 3.2.2.0 on an iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1.1. If I'm on a wifi network it works just fine, but when I'm on the AT&T 3G network its now like it doesn't recognize there is a network. Nothing updates on the map when on 3G. Its been working fine for the last two months.

I've tried powering off the phone, I've also tried a phone hard reset. Neither kicks it out of search network.

Also, when on 3G and it says searching network I can open up Safari and browse the web just fine, I can open Google Maps and it works fine too. So I know I have a network connection. So why can't Waze suddenly see it?

POSTER_ID:8237046

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
azpyroguy wrote:I am having the same issue on my Sprint HTC M9. Its a replacement phone that has the new V3 firmware and came with Marshmallow.

I have already tried the following:

1. Remove App and Reload
2. ##@ResetApp
3. Delete Cache
4. Reload ROM
5. Different Roms - Stock, VipeRom, and CyanogenMod

In all cases I have full data connection, all my apps works, streaming, etc..

The ads and map updates continue to work. I just the "Searching Network" and unable to track my drives, or report issues.
Short of getting new (Nexus :) ) phone try to put Waze in debug mode, send in debug logs and follow with support ticket.

https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6270063

https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6276841
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
What happens when you use "Already a Wazer?"
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
That's really odd. There are different servers in the US which are geo-specific, so perhaps there was/is some kind of issue with network routing from the AT&T network to where the Waze server which serves you is? I haven't heard of similar issues from anyone else recently, though.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
SWFan wrote:Is there a way to tell the Client what server to use? Not sure that would be the issue anyway, as I can happily use Waze successfully as long as I'm connected to a wifi signal. The problem is ONLY when I'm on 3G.
I am not aware of one. I had trouble on AT&T 3G yesterday, but it was fine later and again this morning. If your's is a persistent issue, I'm not sure if AT&T can help. It could be their network or the specific server. But if it was a server, I'd expect others in the area to also be having issues.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
txemt wrote:You may also want to close the app entirely and the open it back up. If you don't know how to do that, you double click the HOME button, then hold your finger on the screen until an "X" appears on the corner of the app. Make sure the screen has moved up to reveal apps that are running. You can tap on Waze (and other apps for that matter) to close them down. Sometimes that helps.
OP already posted they did a phone hard reset, which should do what you're saying and more to clear the error.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by arbox81
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: Waze works perfectly if my phone is connected to a WiFi network, otherwise it constantly looks for a connection, even if my data (4G) connection is enabled and all my other apps are working correctly.

PROBLEM BACKGROUND: I'm experiencing the above described problem on my un-rooted OnePlus One phone (completely stock, no modding applied) and it all began with a phone operating system OTA update (from CM12.1 to CM13). No other apps had similar problems after the update.

TESTED (BUT INEFFECTIVE) SOLUTIONS: I uninstalled and reinstalled Waze (also with a cache wipe in the middle), I gave all possible permissions to Waze app, I waited for Waze app updates and for a new operating system OTA upgrade, they didn't solve the problem.

I believe last resort would be a complete phone factory reset, but I was hoping for a less invasive solution if somebody has any ideas on how to fix the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions!
arbox81
Send a message

Post by arbox81
Thanks @porubcan, that solved the problem on my phone! :)

Anyway it's kind of strange that only Waze has problems with WAP access points, maybe they could look into it in order to avoid similar problems with other users.
arbox81
Send a message

Post by AREK28
Im having the same problem on my LG G2.. All apps can get mobile connection with no problems... Only WAZE is having problems, i kept getting the "no network" notification... I checked my APN and there's no problems... I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and still the same problem... I even tried reinstalling the OS...

I just upgraded to the new Samsung Edge 6 plus and installed waze... Still the same problem... I have no such problem on my Sony Xperia Z3... Please help...
AREK28
Send a message

Post by AREK28
My waze all keeps showing "Searching Network" on my Samsung Galaxy S6Edge+ and on my LG G2 running Android 5.0.1.

I tried restarting app and phone but still the same, i can't do searches and its like the app is not connected to the server.

The weird thing is if i connect the phone to the WiFi hotspot of my other phone, Waze would immediately get connected. Waze would remain connected to server even after i turn off WiFi, its just the first time it needs to get connected via WiFi. This is very troublesome for me to have to connect via WiFi first since im an avid waze user and i don't always have 2nd phone with me. My S6Edge plus have no connection problem with other apps, only WAZE.

Please help..
AREK28
Send a message

Post by AREK28
Nope.. I'm usually on the road when this happens.. I connect to WiFi hotspot (with strong) signal of my 2nd phone in order for my Waze app to get connected to the server, once connected i can turn it off and it will remain connected via mobile network... But when i switch to different app or receive a phone call, it often gets disconnected again despite having a good mobile network connection... I have to connect my phone via WiFi again to get Waze connected to the server again.
AREK28
Send a message