Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

Carlow, Laois Unlock request

Post by redbullpeter
Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following segments.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-GB/editor?env=row&l ... =312771489
Reason: Connect up the parking road that runs along this section.
Unlock to level: 1

Thank you in advance,

redbullpeter

POSTER_ID:17852153

Send a message

Post by davidg666
redbullpeter wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:45 am I would like to be able to edit the following segments.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-GB/editor?env=row&l ... =312771489
Reason: Connect up the parking road that runs along this section.

Unlocked. Please name the new segments when you connect them. I think they should have type Street, not parking lot road (because they are normal roads, for access to the houses there).

Can you let us know when your edit is finished, so we can bring R430 back to its usual lock level?

thanks!

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by davidg666
redbullpeter wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:40 am I'll need to go for a walk there and talk to the postman to figure out the road names. A section of it appears to have a name but the others are unclear.

I just took a look at the Eircode Finder (see <https://finder.eircode.ie/>) and the houses on your new segment all have "Killeshin Rd" as their address, so you can use that to name these segments.

In fact, all of the R430 between the roundabout there and the Carlow/Laois border seems to be called "Killeshin Rd" - it's only called "Castlecomer Rd" on the Carlow side of the border, so I've just named that part of the R430 accordingly.

There's a map comment in WME that marks the Carlow/Laois border where Carlow town becomes Graiguecullen (it's only the Barrow river outside the town).

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
redbullpeter wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:09 pm I wish it was that simple. Lookup this house: R93 V3Y7 on Eircode Finder
It gives the address Oak Leaf Drive, Killeshin Road, Carlow, Co. Laois. (no house number)

The front of the house is on that minor road. So the question is, is that segment of the minor road Oak Leaf Drive or the whole thing. If it's the whole thing then how are the houses numbered.

Which then brings up the question of the road perpendicular that leads in to Fruithill Manor.

That's why I need to take a walk there and talk to the post man.

I'll get all of this together with photographic evidence before I make further edits.

Hey Peter,

Heh; I missed that particular house. I think it's the only one - I wonder if "Oak Leaf Drive" is the name of the house itself! Like you said, a visit to the house might do the trick. If that's not the name of the house, then the segment immediately in front of the house could be named "Oak Leaf Dr".

Oh: however, I notice an earlier editor has named the perpendicular road beside it "Oak Leaf Dr" - (as you mention) I wonder if that's right. The house that's on that road (behind R93 V3Y7) doesn't have "Oak Leaf Dr" in its address though.

I notice that (in Street View anyway), there are gates on the road that leads into Fruithill Manor, so that's... odd. The SV from September 2019 make it look like that little perpendicular road is now a driveway to one house, but SV from June 2009 make it look like it goes into Fruithill Manor - with advertising signs for Fruithill Manor too. There are no GPS tracks at all leading along that road.

So, err yes - I though it was as simple as checking Eircode Finder, but evidently not.

In any case, we don't have to get this 100% correct, because very few users will be impacted if it's not perfect.

++David \ davidg666

davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by redbullpeter
I'll need to go for a walk there and talk to the postman to figure out the road names. A section of it appears to have a name but the others are unclear.
redbullpeter
Send a message

Post by redbullpeter
I wish it was that simple. Lookup this house: R93 V3Y7 on Eircode Finder
It gives the address Oak Leaf Drive, Killeshin Road, Carlow, Co. Laois. (no house number)

The front of the house is on that minor road. So the question is, is that segment of the minor road Oak Leaf Drive or the whole thing. If it's the whole thing then how are the houses numbered.

Which then brings up the question of the road perpendicular that leads in to Fruithill Manor.

That's why I need to take a walk there and talk to the post man.

I'll get all of this together with photographic evidence before I make further edits.
redbullpeter
Send a message