If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by floppyrod84
Ahh didn't think of the name thing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Also, the answer was the first post on this very page, had he have looked the answer was there...
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
The other option there is to reprimand the editor that closed something without checking first. Especially if you have left a "leave for me" message in the UR.
Some things aren't obvious by looking at the map or even streetview but only when driving, so those editors should be aware of that.

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Why bump something that we already have? It's in the app already. Sure that was said above too...

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
WeeeZer14 wrote:
dioptrija wrote:Ability to chose what kind of transportation is used when using waze. For example, if I use bicycle waze will not alert everybody around me about traffic jam on my route. :oops: :mrgreen:
This has been asked for before and is probably very low on the priority list. RIght now, as built, Waze is for use in private passenger vehicles. Not bicycles. Not busses. Not trains. Not airplanes. Not boats (unless a ferry)...
tasel wrote:It is kinda of annoying, that Waze doesn't auto-stop reporting, or have a "run but don't report" feature. I understand that it might hurt if a lot of people started using it all the time, but for those that bike, are checking the traffic before they get off the train, or even as simple as checking the traffic at home before heading out, it just messes up the traffic for everyone else.
The Use vehicle type uservoice idea just went into "Under Review" state yesterday.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
There are and always will be areas, driven only by wazers, who do not edit the map. The Paving is worth its existence.
Cameras might well be transformed into URs.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by fvbommel
bgodette wrote:
gerben wrote:
bgodette wrote:It has to be 10 minutes or less, else the Andoid widget wouldn't show different ETAs for each 10 minute interval it requests.
Not necessarily... Maybe the widget ask for ETA's for 10 minute intervals.
The widget asks for 10 minute intervals, however if the averages are for a period greater than 10 minutes you'll end up with two or more intervals with the same ETA. Since that doesn't happen, the averages must but at most 10 minutes.
Not necessarily. If you start 10 minutes later you will reach a new time slot "earlier" in your drive (assuming the trip takes long enough).

For example: say your trip takes about 45 minutes. If you start 10 minutes into a 30 minute slot the first 20 minutes will be in slot A and the second 25 will be in slot B.
If on the other hand you start 10 minutes later (20 minutes into the slot), only the first 10 minutes will be in slot A, the next 30 will be in slot B and the last 5 in slot C.
fvbommel
Send a message

Post by fvbommel
Sophysdad wrote:- a simple compass on the map screen showing north. This would greatly enhance situational awareness.
This exists but is not shown by default. See this post.
fvbommel
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
Expect (n-1)! routes to be calculated for your little TS-problem. Today, you would have caused timeouts in routing for 120 other Wazers. In other words: capacity problems do not allow for such at the moment.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
The resolution is dependent of the distribution of data over the day, probably.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1