These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Issues with passes

Post by delilush
Hi Everyone,

As you probably noticed, we've encountered persistent issues with the local passes (i.e.: toll passes, vignettes, ZTL etc.) in the app:

Please note that we're working on fixing the following issues these days:

* Issues with disappearing passes
* Issues with 100+ passes displayed in the app instead of a list of localized passes
* Issues with pass pop up screens

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have more updates in the coming days.

Best,
Daliah

delilush
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:17392348

Send a message

Post by asterix06
Hi Daliah
I thanks you for you reply..but I want to say that your words are nothing new for us as we were already informed in the past.

We need to know :
- if and when these issues will be solved

Why such a delay and lack of informations :
- don't you have enough people to handle it
- it's a too difficult tecnical issue
- have been these issues generated by the platform chamgemnt  Waze is doing ( as it happened for several other features ?  )

Daliah, pleas upscale to Top Management and let's have a clear ultimate answer.

Neha more than once wrote she wanted to make Waze the best navigator,  but such unsolved issues let's Waze navigator to go on the opposite side.

Last request :
Daliah could you merge this tread with the already existing one 

viewtopic.php?t=352836&start=10

Thanks
Silvio

asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4L_o ... _small.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Iphone8+ Waze 4.43.0
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Turchia.
Forum Administrator

Post by asterix06
Hi Daliah

Thanks for you more exaustive informations.

I hope all issues wil be solved now in a short time.

Just in case we would be faced with other big issues please ask Waze to be procative  in keeping us informed an not only when we are pressing you with update requests.

I will link restricted Forum to this one.

All the Best

Silvio

asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4L_o ... _small.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Iphone8+ Waze 4.43.0
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Turchia.
Forum Administrator

Post by delilush
Hi Silvio,

Thanks for the additional questions.

We know it's not a new issue and that it was discussed in different forums in the past. Since we received more questions on it recently, we wanted to have an organised update visible to all editors. We also updated on Centercode to beta testers.

With regards to when the issues will be resolved:

Some issues were resolved over the past days - now all passes available in our internal tools are also available in the app. As part of this work some of you also noticed that briefly all passes disappeared from the passes screen on Sunday.

Issues that will be resolved with an ETA for the coming weeks - localized passes (so that in a specific state or country you see a custom list of passes) & pop ups. These are currently dealt with on a high priority by many teams, but still require some work, testing & verification.

Root causes of the issue and complexity:

The root cause of this change is in tooling changes we made several months ago. Since then we've been experiencing intermittent issues with passes. Unfortunately what took a long time was to understand the root cause of the issue - several teams were investigating this (because passes are connected to so many different systems at Waze). Now that we understand the reason for the issues, we can and have started to address them.

We apologize that we didn't communicate around this issue in a more organised way to all community members at an earlier time. There are a lot of ongoing conversations around it between local communities who'd like to make changes in passes and weren't able to for a while and their respective SCMs . This is also why we wanted to have this organised post.

With regards to your last request - the link is to a closed forum and this post is in an open forum, so I would prefer not to merge them.

Note that many teams are working on these issue with high priority at the moment and we will update on this thread when have (hopefully good) updates.

Best,
Daliah

delilush
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by delilush
jm6087 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:23 pm Thanks Daliah for the information.

I have a question ~ Do you know if the issue being worked on will also resolve the CenterCode bug about showing $100 for dynamic tolls or is this unrelated?

It's unrelated, but I know it's being worked on as well.
delilush
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by GerardterBeke
asterix06 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:08 am Last request :
Daliah could you merge this tread with the already existing one 

viewtopic.php?t=352836&start=10

Thanks
Silvio

"You do not seem to have permissions to access this page!"
GerardterBeke
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Country Manager Oman & the Netherlands
WME Stroopwafel Staff

https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... Badge2.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png

Post by jm6087
Thanks Daliah for the information.

I have a question ~ Do you know if the issue being worked on will also resolve the CenterCode bug about showing $100 for dynamic tolls or is this unrelated?

jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by rdnnk
I'm heavely disappointed that the problem with the vignettes is still unresolved. It is a major problem which is going on since (at least) last year and has been raised several times this year, in forums, by GC and also during the mega meetups. We have many hundreds of reports of users being sent completely into the wilderness by navigation and switching to GM or competing navigation systems out of desperation. In some cases the country is competely bypassed by the app. People who respond to our conversation indicate that they have not been informed in any way about the existence of vignettes. However, most URs related to weird navigation on vignette road go unanswered and I suspect this is because users are massively deleting the app and switch to others. I have submitted many and offered to submit all (hundreds) examples of completely insane navigation routes. There has been NO response this offer. Not even on the last questions about progress for solving the issues.

I can't imagine that many teams are working with high priority as this only requires a popup alert as soon as a route leads over such a road.

As soon as it suits me, I am now ready to remove the vignette markings from all vignette roads in the country and put them back on toll marking. It is not ideal, but much better than leaving users completely to their own and having another navigation system installed.

rdnnk
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
https://wazeQ.link/rdnnk202303.png
·Coordinator Slovenia · Booster Croatia · CM The Netherlands ·TL Localization
·SLO Website Join Slack      ·NL: Website Join Slack     ·HR: Join Slack

Post by Vespucci41
Hi All, 

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we are working to resolve this. 

I would like to share an update on the issues listed here:

* Issues with disappearing passes
This should now be resolved and all the passes should be visible in the app, if you are still encountering the issue.
Please let us know ASAP. 

* Issues with 100+ passes displayed in the app instead of a list of localized passes
We started to run the clean up for some countries, and we will keep cleaning the list of passes country by country.
For specific country status you will be able to reach out to your SCM.

* Issues with pass pop up screens
We finally found the root cause of the issue and we are currently working to solve this with highest priority. 

Thank you again for the understanding and apologies for the delays.
Ruben 

Vespucci41
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by Vespucci41
Vespucci41 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:38 am * Issues with pass pop up screens
We finally found the root cause of the issue and we are currently working to solve this with highest priority. 

Hi All, 

The team is till working on this:

- In NA the situation should be way better and we can already see this through our internal metrics.
- In ROW the team will continue to work to resolve the issue as a top priority.
   The efforts may take some more time, we don't have a defined ETA but we'll keep you posted.

Thank you for the understanding.
Ruben
Vespucci41
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message