Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

How about "both directions"

Post by naesstrom
So I published 2 warnings the last days, 1 was cops and 1 was animals running around on the road!... it doesn't seem it matters what I'm reporting, when it comes to the question about directions it's either my way, or the opposite!

Ok, that works great with cops etc, but animals and other hazards might be affecting both directions so I'm just suggesting (wishing) that you could add that as a third option! shouldn't be to hard to add to any algorithms either calculating warnings etc.
naesstrom

POSTER_ID:89363

Send a message

Post by amirampeled
I think that's a good idea as well.
amirampeled
Send a message

Post by cuntis
I noticed that idea was presented already 2 years ago: to have an option of reporting "Both directions" (cops, animals, traffic jams etc). How far are we with this?
NB now I report one direction and then quickly another in addition, but if I am willing to write a comment (aka "photoradar"), it delays second position:(
cuntis
Send a message

Post by Elgirts
+1 That would be a geat idea for traffic accidents that are effecting both directions too.
Elgirts
Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by Fedelosa
+1 on this for some cases
Fedelosa
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by FrisbeeDog
In my part of the US, we have police that often are waiting in the medians or crossovers for speeders. So they are often looking for speeders in both directions. I agree, it would be good to have that option.
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina

Post by naesstrom
Elgirts wrote:+1 That would be a geat idea for traffic accidents that are effecting both directions too.
And many other cases... bi-directional speedcams for one
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by sehvn
In about a month it would be 3 years since this was suggested. So dissapointing!

Come on Waze!

Actually, the "both directions" should be the default option. It's the more common use case.

Keep voting here guys, and maybe in a couple of years more Waze will implement this option :|

http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223- ... ing-option
sehvn
Send a message