Wazeopedia Revamp is live! read the post and join the advanced editing webinar on Dec 4th
1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Unlock request in Los Angeles, California

Post by LAMemorialColiseum
Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit segments around the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum to show left tun lane closures into Exposition Park during major events.  This is in cooperation with the approved LADOT Transportation Management Plan for the event.

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?lat=3 ... na&env=usa

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Reason:
Unlock to level: 3

Thank you in advance,

Kevin Daly
lamemorialcoliseum

LAMemorialColiseum

POSTER_ID:17506569

Send a message
Kevin Daly | Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum

Post by LAMemorialColiseum
Hey Tony!  Thanks to you and Turbo for the feedback.  Sorry, we've been busy and I haven't been able to get back to this. 
So I should use the reporting tool and request not to route people to make left turns during big events?
Also, is there a way to edit existing events? I need to add a closure to our Rammstein concerts 9/23 & 9/24 based on a change LADOT is making to close Exposition Blvd during egress from 10:00 PM - 11:30PM 
Thanks!
LAMemorialColiseum
Send a message
Kevin Daly | Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum

Post by tonestertm
Hey Kevin, it's Tony, we've talked in the past.

It would probably be more valuable to tell Waze not to route people to make left turns during big events, as the visual indicators are just that, and as Turbo indicated it can be tricky getting them to indicate what you want them to, where you want them to.

Setting left turn restrictions for events is probably something we should put together a small local team for, but they can also be submitted through your Waze feed, if you're still using that.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by tonestertm
Hey Kevin, 

I just left you a voice message, but will post here in case it ends up being more effective.

I'm not sure what Turbo managed with last night's closures on Fig. Tonight, I see Waze-set closures on Fig from Jefferson to MLK Jr., starting at 10:30P, running until midnight:30. Are those what you need adjusted to 10P-11:30P? 

The Reporting Tool only puts pop-up app notifications on the map, and they don't affect routing/navigation directly.

tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
Hi, Kevin.

This is not a report that can be made in the map editor. This is only available in the reporting tool. If you are a Waze partner, this should be available to you. If not, there are a few of us who can put them on the map (although there can be issues with getting directionality correct due to limitations with the tool)

Are you also looking to disable turns? Something more?
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 9
Send a message
--Mike
ARC for Southwest Region

Post by turbomkt
LAMemorialColiseum wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:45 am Hey Tony!  Thanks to you and Turbo for the feedback.  Sorry, we've been busy and I haven't been able to get back to this. 
So I should use the reporting tool and request not to route people to make left turns during big events?
Also, is there a way to edit existing events? I need to add a closure to our Rammstein concerts 9/23 & 9/24 based on a change LADOT is making to close Exposition Blvd during egress from 10:00 PM - 11:30PM 
Thanks!

If we have a few days' notice, we can set turn restrictions.

For the concerts tonight and tomorrow, we can make changes to closures.  Unless Tony gets there first, I will try to look in a few hours when I'm done with work.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 9
Send a message
--Mike
ARC for Southwest Region