Wazeopedia Revamp is live! read the post and join the advanced editing webinar on Dec 4th

Confusing and often dangerous route

Post by Fabio_Soto
E1B2B627-E547-4A66-9C33-B5908F86E639.jpeg
(2.5 MiB) Downloaded 37 times
 If you route to 2265 Del Mar Scenic Pkwy, San Diego, CA. the routing ends at the street corner and the driver usually can't pull over and will never find the address. If he stops then he has other traffic behind him. For reference, Google maps or Apple maps are correct.

Ive submitted a request, but they recommend I try the forum. Can some fix this?

See attached.

Fabio_Soto

POSTER_ID:17221364

Send a message
Last edited by Fabio_Soto on Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Fabio_Soto
I have placed the picture inline and it shows the property address. Thank you for helping me on this.
Fabio_Soto
Send a message

Post by Fabio_Soto
Foot traffic uses the sidewalk, but our biggest issue is drivers safety and the routing via right to the street Caminito Del Canto and the right on the alley is best. The current condition of stopping at the corner is unsafe. Drivers don't know where to go from there.

Fabio_Soto
Send a message

Post by Fabio_Soto
Thank you, Only time will tell. You have no idea how many calls we get from delivery, Uber, Lyft (mostly Waze users) where are you? Our response: please get off the corner, make a right on Caminito and another right into the alley. We will be there waving. :)
Fabio_Soto
Send a message

Post by Fabio_Soto
I am trying the route tomorrow and will report how it goes. Thank you!
Fabio_Soto
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
Sorry...we can't see attachments unless they are placed inline.

I pretty sure I am the one you're communicating on this. My suggestion was to use the app to submit the address. Stand where Waze should route. Tap the orange report button. Tap Place. Add a picture. Add the address. Mark it as residential. Submit. We will review it and add it to the map.

If there's a map of the complex that shows where all of the addresses are, we can use that to get them to route correctly. We just need a picture of the map.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 9
Send a message
--Mike
ARC for Southwest Region

Post by turbomkt
I'll also note that we cannot use Google Maps or Apple Maps as reference because of copyright issues.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike
ARC for Southwest Region

Post by turbomkt
What is the source of that image?
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike
ARC for Southwest Region

Post by turbomkt
I have changed the address based on the red X, but do have some questions. If someone is visiting you, where should they be routed? To the red X? To the end of the sidewalk between buildinds?
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike
ARC for Southwest Region

Post by turbomkt
Changes have been made. You will need to remove the address from navigation history before searching for it again.

Keep in mind for some delivery services they don't use the address location from Waze even if they use Waze to navigate. There's nothing we can do in that case. The only way to get corrected routing is to search from within Waze.

turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike
ARC for Southwest Region