Wazeopedia Revamp is live! read the post and join the advanced editing webinar on Dec 4th
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Is there a schedule for editing L1 editors?

Post by tooltime_tim
Hi,

is there any new information from staff or at least a timeline as to when editing the map will be possible again for L1 editors? Many L1 editors are asking about this and we can't give them an answer. All of us are not happy with this situation, but especially the L1 editors are not. I know it's not my position to communicate this, but asking should be fine.

Best regards 
tooltime_tim 

tooltime_tim

POSTER_ID:17970755

Send a message
Last edited by tooltime_tim on Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://s.waze.tools/c4s.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/sm.pnghttps://imgur.com/pV8CZw7.png
Bundeslandmanager Sachsen-Anhalt
AM Leipzig & Westsachsen
AM Namibia

Post by galaad112
I saw this L1 editor problem? Do we no the reason?
galaad112
Send a message

Post by jm6087
Staff is very aware and concerned about the impact this is having.  Resolving this issue as quickly as possible is the highest priority.  Unfortunately they don't have a time-line as to when it will be resolved. 
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 13
Send a message

Post by jm6087
galaad112 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:32 pm I saw this L1 editor problem? Do we no the reason?

The reason is technical issues

jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by jm6087
world_faymix6q wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:52 pm Yeah I'm getting a bit sick of waiting now. There's tons of changes that I need to make to my daily drives like speed limits and one way roads.

If you have things that need to be fixed and can't wait until the issue is resolved, you can always reach out to your local editing community for assistance.
viewforum.php?f=19

jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by jm6087
sseagle wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:49 pm
jm6087 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:57 pm
world_faymix6q wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:52 pm Yeah I'm getting a bit sick of waiting now. There's tons of changes that I need to make to my daily drives like speed limits and one way roads.

If you have things that need to be fixed and can't wait until the issue is resolved, you can always reach out to your local editing community for assistance.
viewforum.php?f=19

I think a lot of the issue is that (we) level 1 editors cannot ever not be level 1 editors if someone else does the editing, I'm sure people don't want to out and out say that, but when you gamify access, people play games  :D

That is understandable.  That is why I mentioned if it is something that can't wait then reach out to a local editor for help.   Even when they fix the issue, it is always recommended to work with local editors to ensure the mapping meets community guidelines.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sseagle
jm6087 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:57 pm

viewforum.php?f=19

I think a lot of the issue is that (we) level 1 editors cannot ever not be level 1 editors if someone else does the editing, I'm sure people don't want to out and out say that, but when you gamify access, people play games  :D

sseagle
Send a message

Post by world_faymix6q
Yeah I'm getting a bit sick of waiting now. There's tons of changes that I need to make to my daily drives like speed limits and one way roads.
world_faymix6q
Send a message