Wazeopedia Revamp is live! read the post and join the advanced editing webinar on Dec 4th
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze not 'waking up' when connected to CarPlay

Post by MJepson
I've had a couple of issues with Waze on CarPlay only giving an estimated location and not properly updating my route. It seems to be stuck on the approximate location from where I started, but it just sits there.
After some messing around, I found that Waze was on 'Sleep mode' on my iPhone 13 mini. After I unlock my phone and tell Waze to wake up, it works on my CarPlay as well.
How can I make Waze wake up automatically when I connect my phone to CarPlay? It is quite annoying as Waze will go to sleep after I take my phone out of my car (after a while at least), so every time I get back in my car I have to unlock my phone and manually wake up Waze before I can navigate.

MJepson

POSTER_ID:14664651

Send a message

Post by DavidAbarca
Maybe can create a shortcut with the shortcuts app so every time you connect to CarPlay it opens Waze
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts
Send a message
Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Local Waze Champ

iPhone X
Waze Beta Last Version