Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

Barnsley Unlock request

Post by foster9099
Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following segments.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-GB/editor?env=row&l ... =123073266
Reason:
Unlock to level: 1

Thank you in advance,

foster9099

POSTER_ID:17110519

Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Unlocked for you. What is it that you want to change?

Since this was your first post, welcome to Waze editing and the Waze forum. :D Have you seen the Quickstart guide?

Map editing experience can be useful, but local knowledge is priceless. Waze works best with lots of editors who really know their own patch, so please don’t hesitate to join in. You will find it a nuisance that some of the roads you want to edit are "locked", but as you already know, a post to this forum will sort that out. :)

Have fun,
Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
First, my apologies for taking so long to respond. I've been off Waze for a couple of months.

The Waze map is entirely maintained by Waze users, or such of them as want to help keep the map up to date. There is a tension between wanting all users to able to fix every problem they find, and wanting to keep the map working for drivers all the time, and therefore wanting to keep the mistakes that novice editors will inevitably make away from the main roads. There is a continual debate about how that balance should be made, and the only certain thing is we will never all agree that it is in the right place.

Waze has concepts of editor levels - basically the more experience the editor, the higher the level - and road "lock" levels, with the more important roads having a higher lock. You can't change a road with a lock level higher than your edit level.

If an editor wants to change a road which is locked over his/her level, they can post a new entry to this forum, and usually a senior editor will "downlock" the road. Or alternatively the senior editor may make the change himself.

Editors start off at level 1, and after a certain number of map edits, will automatically be "promoted" to level 2 and then eventually to level 3. Further promotions require both increased numbers of edits and the approval of the local senior editors.

More details of these and all other matters can be found on the "Wazeopedia" - here for the general home page and here for UK-specific guidance. Questions are probably best directed to the UK forum.

For your specific case, when you know of changes from work, I think if you post to the UK Editor Requests forum, somebody should unlock the road for you.

Happy Wazing,
Ian

ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by foster9099
Hi, I think I noticed that the road didn't follow the background map very well but it looks fine now. I didn't know that's how segments are unlocked. Is there a point when user levels change? My job gives me first hand knowledge when certain roads are constructed differently such as junction reconstruction but my access level normally restricts me from amending this information.
foster9099
Send a message